The 3-4 Packages (1 Viewer)

Anybody got a breakdown of the frequency that we went to 3-4 vs. the Bills? :scratch:

:gosaints

Almost every play after the first defensive drive. It worked great against the Bills' inexperienced o-line.

However, I don't expect to see it nearly as much when Kendrick Clancy gets back. Hopefully that'll be this week, because the Jets are going to pound the ball the entire game whether they have success or not.

It worked in passing downs well, but we don't have the personnel to stop the run in the 3-4 long term. Maybe here and there in spot usage.

It worked in passing downs well, but we don't have the personnel to stop the run in the 3-4 long term. Maybe here and there in spot usage.

True! We would need one, maybe two, more good OLBs to make a base 3-4 scheme effective (think Dome Patrol to see how that would be done).

even if we had the right personnel, i don't think we should stick with the 3-4 longterm, i think what is most effective is varying defensive packages to keep the offense guessing.

even if we had the right personnel, i don't think we should stick with the 3-4 longterm, i think what is most effective is varying defensive packages to keep the offense guessing.

Yes, I think it is most effective varying the schemes. I have seen the same from the Ravens D lots of times you would see a 4-3 alingment thrown in there time to time.

yeah, the 3-4 we ran alot
the announcers said that we are a 4-3 base defense, but also said we were constantly a 3-4 defense in that game and thats the mix up we get with GW. not to mention i didn't like the 3-4 with marvin mitchell in as the LB, i would rather bobby mccray playing a similar role as james harrison does in Pittsburgh

It seemed to be about half 3-4 and half "Elephant". Mitchell was in there a good bit, but McCray was roaming around a good bit as well.

A tweener DE/OLB situational pass rusher is an absoloute must at this point. I've been calling for it since the 2007 draft but now that we have a defensive coordinator we know is creative enough to maximize that sort of player, it is a 100% must-fill requirement for the 2010 offseason/draft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom