The 53... for now (1 Viewer)

Grayson needs to go, he is taking up a valuable roster spot. Put him on the PS, I doubt anyone signs him if released.

5 new UDFA made this squad and
2 UDFA off last year's practice squad and
5 drafted players

For better or for worse, we have lots of youth on this year's team.

On another topic the Browns kept all 14 of their draft choices. I doubt all these rooks are better than 14 vets from last year's team...I think the baby, bathwater and bucket were all tossed into the ditch.

The CB's not named Breaux better get mentally ready to be under fire early and often. Teams' #1 passing strategy is going to be to throw away from Breaux until the youngins can prove they can handle their business. It's not going to be easy having the spotlight on them.

I know Grayson has taken his place as the #2 Saints Report punching bag behind Coleman, but I don't see a second year 3rd round pick passing through the waivers. Running with two 35+ year old QBs is pretty risky. If Brees goes down hard, I'd rather let Grayson get the snaps and see if he can grow into the role. It's not like McCown is a long-term solution. If the worst case scenario happens and McCown is running the show, we'd be better off losing out and shooting for a first round QB in 2017. If we play Grayson, he'll either play us into that premium top 3 pick or he'll put it together and we won't have to go QB early.

The CB's not named Breaux better get mentally ready to be under fire early and often. Teams' #1 passing strategy is going to be to throw away from Breaux until the youngins can prove they can handle their business. It's not going to be easy having the spotlight on them.

I know Grayson has taken his place as the #2 Saints Report punching bag behind Coleman, but I don't see a second year 3rd round pick passing through the waivers. Running with two 35+ year old QBs is pretty risky. If Brees goes down hard, I'd rather let Grayson get the snaps and see if he can grow into the role. It's not like McCown is a long-term solution. If the worst case scenario happens and McCown is running the show, we'd be better off losing out and shooting for a first round QB in 2017. If we play Grayson, he'll either play us into that premium top 3 pick or he'll put it together and we won't have to go QB early.

In the scenario that Brees is out for the year I think McCown would start until we are eliminated from the playoffs and then they might play GG.

i think the Saints are going to pick up someone on the OL and probably drop Mabry

I could see on obvious passing downs our DL being Jordan, Onyemata (Rankings when healthy), Fairley and Kruger. They should be putting plenty of pressure on the opposing QB. Maybe even Edabali at OLB.

I'm curious to see how they get Bell involved also. Maybe as Dime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom