The 6th Annual SR.com "Official" Mock Draft 3rd Round: Complete (1 Viewer)

IMHO, Manuel is just the next VY. Strong arm, but can't read defenses and panics early. He'll go nowhere in the NFL. He is the anti-RG3

He does struggle at picking up the blitz. But I wonder if that is a function of coaching and what he was asked to do, or intelligence. Listening to him talk it sounds more to me like coaching...and shoot, he was more productive in the same offense they ran with Ponder and he went top 10.

Im not saying Manuel will be a HOFer, I just see a raw mold of clay. I think with the right team and good coaching, he could be a solid quarterback.

I was actually debating taking Barkley with the first 3rd rounder, but opted for Swearinger. Funny enough, he went right after me to Tampa Bay. When my next pick came up, I knew I wanted a QB to compete with Yates and Schaub, and Manuel was the highest rated left. I really thought about going Nassib too, but I am a big fan of Mike Mayock haha.

I love EJ Manuel. He's my top quarterback in the draft, no lie. And I really wanted him as a backup for Russell Wilson, but just couldn't justify him in the third.

Had he lasted into the fourth I would have taken him. I do have a backup plan though.

I love EJ Manuel. He's my top quarterback in the draft, no lie. And I really wanted him as a backup for Russell Wilson, but just couldn't justify him in the third.

Had he lasted into the fourth I would have taken him. I do have a backup plan though.

He was my pick too, and I thought about trading up but could not justify it with the pick of Weeden.

He was my pick too, and I thought about trading up but could not justify it with the pick of Weeden.

Yeah, I also just didnt like the dynamic of picking him in the exact same round as Wilson from last year. I suppose that's a silly concern, no one would seriously consider him a threat to Wilson given how excellent he was last year, but it still seemed like an odd move for Seattle.

I do feel some urgency to grab a QB though with the trade of Flynn.

With the 132nd pick in the SR.com Expert's Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select... Tharold Simon, CB, LSU

134717790_crop_exact.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LBRlA_L8g6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

03/29/13 - 2013 LSU Pro Day: Tharold Simon, CB (6-2 1/4, 202) - Simon only ran the 40-yard dash once after seeing his time of 4.47 seconds in his first attempt. He recorded a 4.31-second short shuttle and 7.01 three-cone drill. He had an OK workout. - Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom