The 6th Annual SR.com "Official" Mock Draft 7th Round: Complete (1 Viewer)

With the 210th pick of the "Official" Mock Draft The Philadelphia Eagles select Sean Renfree, QB, Duke

qia5DMe.jpg

Xd3hQvC.jpg

OVERVIEW

The Blue Devils haven't had a player selected in the first five rounds since 1999, but look for Renfree (pictured above) to change that statistic in the 2013 NFL Draft. The fifth-year senior is entering his third year as the starting quarterback for Duke and will look to improve upon their 3-9 record last season.
Renfree, who was a four-star recruit out of Arizona, became the starter as a sophomore in 2010 and earned team MVP honors. Last season, he finished among the ACC leaders in completion percentage (65.0%), passing yards (2,891) and led the conference in completions per game (23.5).

ANALYSIS

Renfree is a traditional drop back passer and looks the part with a tall, filled out frame. He has a strong arm to easily make all the throws and does a nice job working through his progressions to find the open target. Renfree shows excellent chemistry with his receivers and is a confident thrower, never appearing shy to take chances downfield. The career statistics aren't glamorous (32-30 TD-INT ratio), but he has all the tools NFL scouts look for at the next level. And it won't hurt that his collegiate head coach is the same offensive mind that mentored Peyton and Eli Manning.

Renfree has some fans in the scouting community. He is a smart quarterback who received excellent preparation from his college staff. The senior completed 67 percent of his passes for 3,113 yards with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Renfree helped lead Duke to a Bowl game in 2012. He completed 65 percent of his passes in his collegiate career.

Sean+Renfree+Duke+v+Standford+ECmFVMuQuP8x.jpg

Obviously the Michael Vick/Nick Foles situation was inherited and it's fine for now but we want to begin the process of finding our quarterback of the future. That could be Sean Renfree, definitely a project for now but he could be a starter in the near future. We didn't pick him to be a mere back-up that's for certain.

With the 211th pick in the 2013 SR.com "Experts" Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select... Charles Johnson, WR, Grand Valley State

gvsu-johnson.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3IhmE4XhkCQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

03/16/13 - 2013 Grand Valley State Pro Day: Grand Valley State&#8217;s Charles Johnson sprints up draft boards...Charles Johnson was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, but his workout Monday in front of NFL scouts representing 24 teams at Grand Valley State&#8217;s pro day could have the receiver vaulting up draft boards.

The receiver held true to a guarantee he issued Sunday, and was clocked at 4.38 and 4.35 in the 40-yard-dash. He said he would do at least a 4.39.

Yr G Catches Yds Avg Lng TD Avg
2011 11 56 1030 18.4 71 15 93.6
2012 11 72 1199 16.7 60 16 109.0

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/03/is-this-man-the-next-miles-austin-or-marques-colston/

With its meager and unheralded 5th selection in the SR.com 2013 mock draft, Arizona selects SMU Fullback Zach Line

NFL Draft: Why SMU's Zach Line Will Make a Difference in the NFL | Bleacher Report

Arizona Cardinals SR.com 2013 Experts Draft
1st Round - Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2nd Round - Alex Okafor DE/LB Texas
4th Round - Brian Winters OG Kent State
5th Round - T.J. McDonald S USC
7th Round - Zach Line FB SMU

Strong Draft and very good value with a lot of your picks.

The only one that Im not sure about is McDonald because he worries me with his limited range and stiffness.

With the 211th pick in the 2013 SR.com "Experts" Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select... Charles Johnson, WR, Grand Valley State

gvsu-johnson.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3IhmE4XhkCQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

2011 11 56 1030 18.4 71 15 93.6
2012 11 72 1199 16.7 60 16 109.0

Oh...Ok...

Now I'm red thumbing you.

Maybe not now, maybe not this month, but somewhere down the road you have one coming buddy.

Oh...Ok...

Now I'm red thumbing you.

Maybe not now, maybe not this month, but somewhere down the road you have one coming buddy.

Haha. I like this cat, he's got the tools.

Lions Draft with 1 pick left:

5. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
36. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
65. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
132. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
137. Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida
171. Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
211. Charles Johnson, WR, Grand Valley State
245. ????

With the 212th pick of the "Official" Mock Draft The Philadelphia Eagles select Onterio McCalebb, RB, Auburn

Pat+Lazear+Onterio+McCalebb+West+Virginia+15g40-ojrYrx.jpg

345407-standard.jpg

OVERVIEW

In high school, McCalebb’s senior year included 1,995 yards rushing and 27 TDs. He also had 11 receptions for 300 yards, and two kick returns for scores. McCalebb went to a prep school, Hargrave Military Academy, before attending Auburn. In his one prep school season, he rushed for 755 yards and four TD in eight games. He also returned a kick 95 yards for a score, a punt 96 yards for a TD and scored on a 68-yard screen pass. His play earned him the billing as Rivals.com’s top prep school running back prospect.

In McCalebb’s freshman year, he ran the ball 105 times for 565 yards and four touchdowns. In 2010, he set the Auburn record for yards per carry with 8.5 yard average. He logged 95 carries for 810 yards and nine touchdowns. As a junior, McCalebb had 112 carries for 641 yards and five touchdowns. He also caught 32 passes for 344 yards and two touchdowns, and contributed a kick return for a touchdown. In his senior year, McCalebb ran the ball 94 times for 570 yards and six touchdowns. He also had another kick return for a touchdown.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Very fast, impressive open field burst. Light feet. Smooth hips. Impressive stop-start and change of direction ability. Can line up in the slot. Catches the ball off his frame and can reel in difficult passes. Gets his head turned quickly after the catch. Follows his blockers well on screens and swing passes. Kick return skills.

WEAKNESSES Extremely frail build, especially in the legs. Doesn't display any kind of power in between the tackles, looks to bounce the ball outside. Fails to break many tackles. Not overly sudden with open-field moves, mainly relies on speed. Not asked to block much, but struggles when he stays in to block.
NFL COMPARISON Dexter McCluster

BOTTOM LINE McCalebb is extremely fast, and does some impressive things when given space. He also follows his blockers quite well, which should help him as a kick returner. McCalebb also has the skills to make a mark as a receiver, but will need to prove capable of handling blocking assignments if he wants to stay on the field. His speed and return potential could get him drafted late.

While Onterio McCalebb is primarily being overlooked by scouts due to his size, his blazing speed and elusiveness could make him an impact player immediately on an NFL roster.

At the NFL combine, he ran a 4.34 40-yard dash, one of the top performers among all backs. He is only 5'10" and 168 pounds, but he put up impressive numbers while sharing the load at Auburn.

During his sophomore campaign with the Tigers in 2010, McCalebb broke the school's yards-per-carry record by averaging 8.5 yards on 95 carries. He totaled an impressive 810 yards that season in fewer than 100 carries.

His numbers dipped slightly during his junior and senior seasons, but he returned a kickoff for a touchdown in both of those seasons.

Speed like McCalebb's simply cannot be taught. Whoever picks him up in the late rounds not only will bolster their kick-return game, but also could give their main running back an excellent complement.

hi-res-5850414_crop_exact.jpg

9176206-essay.jpg

This kid is a burner, we're looking at him to make a big impact on special teams as a returner and he looks to be complimentary back who will be excellent catching out of the back-field.

With two more picks to go, this is how the Eagles' draft looks right now:

Round 1 – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Round 2 – Robert Woods, WR, USC
Round 3 – Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Round 3 – Travis Frederick, C/G, Wisconsin
Round 4 – Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
Round 4 – Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
Round 5 – Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida
Round 6 – Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
Round 7 – Sean Renfree, QB, Duke
Round 7 – Onterio McCalebb, RB, Auburn

Haha. I like this cat, he's got the tools.

Lions Draft with 1 pick left:

5. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
36. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
65. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
132. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
137. Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Florida
171. Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
211. Charles Johnson, WR, Grand Valley State
245. ????

Yeah, I tend to post all the guys I like in the draft thread, gambling on the fact that there are just too many for anyone to narrow down which specific ones that I have targeted. I also know that most people tend to rely mainly on Cbssportsline, walterfootball and draftscout which is why many of my guys hang around so long with only about 7 or 8 exceptions so far.

I was mulling Johnson over as a replacement for Earl Bennett in the slot but now he's off the board. He was one of the last 5 guys on my target list. Blast you, Numbskull.

Yeah, I tend to post all the guys I like in the draft thread, gambling on the fact that there are just too many for anyone to narrow down which specific ones that I have targeted. I also know that most people tend to rely mainly on Cbssportsline, walterfootball and draftscout which is why many of my guys hang around so long with only about 7 or 8 exceptions so far.

I was mulling Johnson over as a replacement for Earl Bennett in the slot but now he's off the board. He was one of the last 5 guys on my target list. Blast you, Numbskull.

There is another guy that popped on my radar last night at WR that I wish I had another pick to grab him.

With two more picks to go, this is how the Eagles' draft looks right now:

Round 1 – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Round 2 – Robert Woods, WR, USC
Round 3 – Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Round 3 – Travis Frederick, C/G, Wisconsin
Round 4 – Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
Round 4 – Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
Round 5 – Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida
Round 6 – Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
Round 7 – Sean Renfree, QB, Duke
Round 7 – Onterio McCalebb, RB, Auburn

McCalebb is a very good returnman here late and Nixon and Hodges were two of the bigger steals of the latter half of the draft, IMO.

There is another guy that popped on my radar last night at WR that I wish I had another pick to grab him.
Has he already been selected?

I may have an idea of who you are referring to.

No he hasn't, but he looks/ed impressive with limited info out there about him. If it helps he transferred from one college to another and kind of got lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom