The AAFL (1 Viewer)

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
i was flipping through the channels and on CST they are talking about this new football league called the All-American Football League. There are 6 teams based in Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Texas, and Michigan. Player salaries are $50,000 a year. It sounds like they will have a combination of NFL and College rules. And to be eligible players MUST HAVE a 4 year degree.

This is the first i've heard of this new league, not sure when it will start but seems like something to take over for the fallen NFLE.

I have been wondering if they are going to show them on tv or even online. Anyone know? I am pretty intrested in this.

I have been wondering if they are going to show them on tv or even online. Anyone know? I am pretty intrested in this.

same. since they have a florida team, i have someone to root for. this will be a great offseason fix

I don't get it, why are they putting some teams in NFL cities? Wouldn't it be better to put the teams in cities without a pro-team to tap an unused market?

yea..i don't get why theres a florida team. we already have 3 NFL teams in the state

and i remember watching the draft..it was so weird
each pick took like 1 minute

The league is trying to get into states that are big into college football. Florida is one of those states. I'm just surprised that California didn't get a team but on their website you can email the league to get a team in your city

Whats their angle with the college degree requirement? That sounds like they are trying to make it like "country club boys" who are afraid of open competition. Can't have these degreed fellas mixing with dem uneducated boys on the field now.

Gonna have to show my diploma to watch also. Gonna serve beer or only champaign with white linen?

Whats their angle with the college degree requirement? That sounds like they are trying to make it like "country club boys" who are afraid of open competition.

From what I've read, they wanted to get colleges to go along with the idea of this league. I don't see it as a "country club" mentally. It gives players that wanted to stay in school a place to go play if they are either not drafted or not good enough to play in the NFL. Besides most careers besides professional athlete would most likely take a college graduate over someone without a degree.

From what I've read, they wanted to get colleges to go along with the idea of this league. I don't see it as a "country club" mentally. It gives players that wanted to stay in school a place to go play if they are either not drafted or not good enough to play in the NFL. Besides most careers besides professional athlete would most likely take a college graduate over someone without a degree.

You are correct sir, there is nothing wrong with requiring a degree. It was put this way so they would appear to the NCAA as a compliment to the NCAA in that they weren't trying to give underclassmen another early out to being paid to play.

If those guys who don't get a degree and don't make it in the NFL...they still can play pro ball if they are good enough in the CFL, AFL 2, and the AFL. I don't see the problem with requiring a degree.

My cousin signed w/ Arkansas a couple weeks ago. He played in the CFL for 2-3 year w/ Calagary. He's going to kick. I'm hoping to be able to see a couple of the games.

Whats their angle with the college degree requirement? That sounds like they are trying to make it like "country club boys" who are afraid of open competition. Can't have these degreed fellas mixing with dem uneducated boys on the field now.

Gonna have to show my diploma to watch also. Gonna serve beer or only champaign with white linen?

Seriously? I'm pretty sure they're doing it to encourage finishing college...and getting college athletics on board to support it. Not discriminate...but of course someone has to see it that way.

You are correct sir, there is nothing wrong with requiring a degree. It was put this way so they would appear to the NCAA as a compliment to the NCAA in that they weren't trying to give underclassmen another early out to being paid to play.

If those guys who don't get a degree and don't make it in the NFL...they still can play pro ball if they are good enough in the CFL, AFL 2, and the AFL. I don't see the problem with requiring a degree.

I would have set it up that players must have exhausted their college eligibility years or wait 5 years from HS graduation. Just seems ridiculous to require a degree to be a DL on a football team.

willie jackson,kliff kingsbury,earthwind moorland among those drafted....eric crouch 3rd overall pick though...hmmmmmmmmm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom