The addict thread (1 Viewer)

well here I am again.

ZL had a minor hiccup in sobriety. Nothing happened, wasn't bad like in the past but I checked myself in to a clinic anyway. It was like a week vacation (serious spiritual awakening though - there is a good thread someday)

now I am looking for an intensive inpatient program. I have to do it all the way this time. I was working on myself but it was like working on the second floor of a home when the foundation was cracked and termites infested the downstairs.

So if I go underground for a while, know that I love all you guys and that I fully intend to be back for WhoDat2015!

keep up the good work BroKV!!

All the best my friend. Hang in there.

Getting my **** together after becoming dependent on pain pills after screwing up my back. Medical detox it is. See y'all in about 5 days. Throw up a prayer for me if you're so inclined. I really will miss you guys (as strange as that is...).

Getting my **** together after becoming dependent on pain pills after screwing up my back. Medical detox it is. See y'all in about 5 days. Throw up a prayer for me if you're so inclined. I really will miss you guys (as strange as that is...).

I will pray for you IJ. It will be over before you know it. First couple of days can be pretty rough, don't be afraid to ask them for something to calm it.

I will pray for you IJ. It will be over before you know it. First couple of days can be pretty rough, don't be afraid to ask them for something to calm it.
Thanks, Zack. I knew this day was going to come when I got the first prescription for my back. I'd been clean from opiates since 2008. I tried to just do the NSAID route for the first couple months but gave in as I'd never experienced pain like that before. My back got better...I got worse.

I know what to do when it comes to staying clean and sober and I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of things. I miss my life. It'll be nice to have it back. And just in time for the Saints to start their march to the superbowl. I also look forward to being able to contribute to this thread instead of just remembering what it's like to feel like so many in this thread do. Honestly, this thread gave me hope and determination to get to this waiting room I'm currently sitting in. Thanks to all of you! One day at a time.

The United States comprises 5% of the world's populations, but 80% of the world's opioid prescriptions are written in the US. Obviously something is wrong, very wrong.

Doctors are not being educated about the dangers of narcotics addiction, and they are not providing referrals to alternative medicines which can actually treat the problem at its source as opposed to merely treating symptoms.

The United States comprises 5% of the world's populations, but 80% of the world's opioid prescriptions are written in the US. Obviously something is wrong, very wrong.

Doctors are not being educated about the dangers of narcotics addiction, and they are not providing referrals to alternative medicines which can actually treat the problem at its source as opposed to merely treating symptoms.
Ha. Tell me about it.

Consider a few thrown up for you from me. Best of luck on your efforts.

Hope all is well. I see you're here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom