The Amazing Randi (1 Viewer)

oh sheet! james randi! damn, woman! who let women create threads?!? terrible, absolutely terrible, title. sigh.

really, he was forking awesome. he escaped jail, supervised (blah blah jail supervision blah), and managed to do so undetected. he is not even human. i mean, i guess until he wasn't.

I'll have to admit, I never heard of him. How did I miss this phenom?
Hard to say. He was "famous" for exposing evangelist Peter Popoff, but I guess it didn't really make the news as much as a Jim and Tammy Faye or a Jimmy Swaggart did.

... but my all time favorite Randi was Randi Oakes.. my oh my she was somehting on the old Battle of the Network Stars.. btw she used to date Joe Namath for several years, and for the past 40 yrs has been married to the guy who was Gonzo on another ancient show that was on back when the earth was still cooling, ‘Trapper John MD’.... The years haven’t been extremely kind to her, but then again they probably haven’t been very kind to most of us.

82BA43FC-9A1C-4FFC-98F4-DA9A2A64FAFD.jpeg3D8E18F7-72C0-4D27-B3BF-AE07BD6214E8.jpeg

... but my all time favorite Randi was Randi Oakes.. my oh my she was somehting on the old Battle of the Network Stars.. btw she used to date Joe Namath for several years, and for the past 40 yrs has been married to the guy who was Gonzo on another ancient show that was on back when the earth was still cooling, ‘Trapper John MD’.... The years haven’t been extremely kind to her, but then again they probably haven’t been very kind to most of us.

82BA43FC-9A1C-4FFC-98F4-DA9A2A64FAFD.jpeg3D8E18F7-72C0-4D27-B3BF-AE07BD6214E8.jpeg
You'd look like that, too, if you dated Broadway Joe.

Hard to say. He was "famous" for exposing evangelist Peter Popoff, but I guess it didn't really make the news as much as a Jim and Tammy Faye or a Jimmy Swaggart did.

He exposed many; but what made him a rock star among skeptics was debunking Uri Geller on the Tonight Show. He didn't appear on camera but aided Johnny (himself a skeptic who had a dislike for charlatans) in setting Geller up for failure.

He exposed many; but what made him a rock star among skeptics was debunking Uri Geller on the Tonight Show. He didn't appear on camera but aided Johnny (himself a skeptic who had a dislike for charlatans) in setting Geller up for failure.

I love how Johnny was totally into this. And that, while he was a skeptic, he was not confrontational and rude.

I love how Johnny was totally into this. And that, while he was a skeptic, he was not confrontational and rude.

I don't know about that. Setting someone up to expose them for the fraud that they are on national TV, that's not exactly polite :hihi:

Randi, was one of the great skeptics of my youth. He also had a huge influence on Penn and Teller.

Not gonna lie, when I seen the title of thread, this is what I was prepared for. He did magic too, but can't mention the name of it. If you seen the episode, then you know. ;)

Randi: "Yes, indeed, I'm a trickster, I'm a cheat, I'm a charlatan, that's what I do for a living. Everything I've done here was by trickery."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom