The Anit-Vick (N/S) (1 Viewer)

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/05/SPG6URQ3V.DTL

"For a long time, Jarrod Cooper wouldn't tell anyone at the Oakland Animal Shelter what he did for a living. He wasn't there as an NFL player, as the anti-Michael Vick. He had a pretty good idea that if the league wanted someone to do spin control, he wouldn't be the first choice for the job.

The Raiders had started their season without Cooper, while he served a four-game suspension for a positive steroid test. He doubted that he would return the field. It would be so easy to write off a special-teams player, even a great one, if his name was linked to any type of scandal.

He needed something to fill his time, to distract him from the disturbing thoughts that filled his head and to begin building a future without football. So he arrived at the shelter like any other volunteer. The staff members didn't ask too many questions about the heavily muscled young man with elaborate tattoos, but they did find him intriguing."

I'm a cynic by nature.

This is not a knock on Cooper. I think that he is genuine.

What are the odds that Vick gets out of prison, becomes a Raider, a large donation to "Code 597" gets made by the Raiders, and Vick becomes a "volunteer?"

fantastic read - thanks

The anti Vick? Drew Bledsoe? :dunno:

Seriously though, good article. I have always felt that everything that happens for others to learn from. If Cooper has learned from Vick, then the positives can now be fully utilized.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom