The assault on Drew Brees' single season completion percentage (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
The record is 71.2 %

As it stands now after the games of today, two qbs have a shot at beating that mark:

Drew Brees.... 71.0 %
Tom Brady...... 70.4 %

Brees remaining games (opponent's completion %, qb rating):

Rams.............62.1 % 87.6
Lions.............73.0 % 108.5
@Bucs...........62.7 % 98.9
@Cardinals.....59.4 % 73.5
Bucs...............62.7 % 98.9
@Falcons........68.2 % 100.9

Brady remaining games:

@Jets............64.6 % 95.2
Rams............62.1 % 87.6
Ravens..........64.5 % 89.0
@Broncos......56.1 % 71.0
Jets...............64.6 % 95.2
@Dolphins.....61.2 % 86.3

The Bucs and Jets pretty much cancel each other out in terms of similar stats, we both play the Rams at home. Broncos and Cardinals cancel each other out. So that leaves Brees with the Lions and Falcons, Brady with Ravens and Dolphins. Significant advantage for Brees coming down the stretch.

Sam Bradford is at 69.8 %.

My projection is Brees ending the season at 71.5 % (a new NFL record). Brady fading down the stretch, ending up just above 69 %. Same for Bradford.

Drew Brees over his last 5 games: 148-195 75.9 % against the toughest 5 game stretch vs defensive opponents on our schedule (seattle and denver at home, kc and a much improved carolina defense on the road plus san fran)

Brees now poised to have the top 3 seasons in terms of completion % in all of NFL history. That is a bit absurd.

DMEWLcb.jpg

"Assault" makes it seem as thought there people are specifically targeting that stat in order to take it down. I just don't think any of these QBs are concerned with that specific record. They just want to do everything they can to get a win for their team.

Is his record at risk? Definitely. I just feel "assault" isn't the best choice of verbiage.

Does that include Brady's stats from today's game in which he completed 24 of 40 passes for 60% completion. Seems that would lower his stats a bit.

Weather is getting bad now. Brady won't get it.

I feel like this is discussed every year with abrady. Even in the sports media. Every year, someone says "But it's getting cold and his numbers will drop off". And every year someone else says "No. this is his year. He's abrady." And every year, the weather gets cold and his numbers drop a little. It's inevitable. Even the great TB12 can't completely overcome the elements.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom