The Athletic's Vic Tafur is one stubborn son-of-a-gun (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For every Deuce Windham there's a Vic Tafur. Check out "Vic's Picks" (note that these are against the spread). Who's to let a six-game losing streak change your view!

Week 11:
Eagles at Saints (-8.5) — I have to stop putting my hand close to the fire that is the Saints. They are burning defenses left and right, and. … Wait, they play the rival Falcons in four days? Look-ahead game? EAGLES

Week 10:
Saints (-4.5) at Bengals — When the Saints were blowing out the Rams last week, I received quite a few tweets asking why I had written that I didn’t buy the Saints being a great team. After the second half and a monsoon of Rams points — they win that game if Marcus Peters isn’t terrible, by the way — I should have replied back, “that’s why.” This is stupid given all of Cincinnati’s injuries but give me the home dog again. BENGALS

Week 9:
Rams at Saints (-1.5) — I am stubborn. We have covered this over the years. Just not buying the Saints as a great team. RAMS

Week 8:
Saints at Vikings (-1) — New Orleans will be able to get pressure on Kirk Cousins. But for some reason I think the Vikings’ running game and defense will make enough plays to sneak out with a home win. VIKINGS

Week 7:
Saints at Ravens (-2.5) — Drew Brees doesn’t bring the cape outdoors on the road, and the Ravens are the better all-around team. This seems too easy but … RAVENS

Week 6: Bye

Week 5:
Washington at Saints (-6.5) — Drew Brees is going for the all-time passing record and New Orleans always plays well at home at night and it always plays well before a bye. Trap! WASHINGTON

Week 4:
Saints (-3) at Giants — This is a good number. Tip of the hat to the line-maker. Give me the home dog. GIANTS

NO GUYS! This is outright stupid! He can do us a favor and keep up his bluster. It seems to be working for us.

NO GUYS! This is outright stupid! He can do us a favor and keep up his bluster. It seems to be working for us.
Exactly. I want this dude to pick against the Saints every single game -- through the regular season, playoffs, and Super Bowl.

It seems like he is going deeper into madness with his Eagles pick bringing up some desperate "looking ahead" game. I hope he isn't a gambler. 1 pick out of 6 ats is pretty awful. If I was thar bad... I'd stop gambling.

Anyone betting on the Gaints should get their brain checked

Does every team have haters like this? I mean, maybe this happens to the other 31 teams, too ... but I see some people out there REALLY having a personal problem with the Saints being a successful franchise. Like it sends their real-life world into a tailspin or something.

And when I say "some people", I don't mean "online Falcons fans" or anything like that. I mean sports journalists, prognosticators, and such. This guy Vic Tafur. Chris Simms. Pete Prisco. Any many more.

Does every team have haters like this? I mean, maybe this happens to the other 31 teams, too ... but I see some people out there REALLY having a personal problem with the Saints being a successful franchise. Like it sends their real-life world into a tailspin or something.

And when I say "some people", I don't mean "online Falcons fans" or anything like that. I mean sports journalists, prognosticators, and such. This guy Vic Tafur. Chris Simms. Pete Prisco. Any many more.
Pretty sure if the Browns start being a contender. They would have a lot of Haters. People want loser to stay loser... Mainly because some other teams has to become a loser. Most likely... Their

Actually, yeah. Go to the Cowboys board and you'll see everyone decry the media because they think the media hates them.
For an example, Shannon Sharpe and the Cowboys.

Actually, yeah. Go to the Cowboys board and you'll see everyone decry the media because they think the media hates them.
For an example, Shannon Sharpe and the Cowboys.
I knew the Cowboys had a lot of public-facing haters :D Jerry Jones is particularly a lightning rod.

Sean Payton kind of is, too, actually. Payton seems to be a popular face-punch choice ... he can come off as smarmy and arrogant outside of the Saints fan base.

Seems like he's doing it as a gimmick at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom