The Atlanta defense that Jameis is facing. (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Atlata's run defense is currently ranked 6ty in the NFL giving up an average 99.7 yards per game.

That ranking could simply be a result of how terrible there pass defense is ranked #31 and giving up 310.3 yards a game. Their sack percentage is 3.84% and ranks 26th. The Saints are at 7.04% which is good for 8th. Add to that they are giving up a completion percentage of 67.81% ranks 22md.

This is the 2nd worst pass rush will face all year (Panthers are the worst at 2.87%) and the worst overall pass defense.

The only thing going for them is this being a rivalry game.

Atlanta's terrible pass defense and poor pass rush will be a great way to get Jameis on track.

Atlata's run defense is currently ranked 6ty in the NFL giving up an average 99.7 yards per game.

That ranking could simply be a result of how terrible there pass defense is ranked #31 and giving up 310.3 yards a game. Their sack percentage is 3.84% and ranks 26th. The Saints are at 7.04% which is good for 8th. Add to that they are giving up a completion percentage of 67.81% ranks 22md.

This is the 2nd worst pass rush will face all year (Panthers are the worst at 2.87%) and the worst overall pass defense.

The only thing going for them is this being a rivalry game.

Atlanta's terrible pass defense and poor pass rush will be a great way to get Jameis on track.
I always throw out the records and rankings when playing the Falcons. Seen too many games like the one in the dome last year.

They can score, and you can get weird bounces of the ball, new QB who has always been turnover prone etc. I am ready for anything.

On the plus side maybe this is when Winston starts to turn it around. He is familiar with the Falcons and at least has beat them a few times. If Payton calls a good game and keeps it balanced it should not be a let down.

Winston should be dialed in with this opportunity. Everyone else should be focused on picking up slack for Drew, so I want to see the team respond....

We still probably going to figure it out with Winston. So, I honestly expect us to lose.

My guess is Falcons will be blitzing every chance they get. Saints better be prepared for quick passes and runs to the outside.
That's honestly a horrible idea. If the idea is to test line/protection calls. I think the oline will be better prepared to make their own calls without Brees.

I always throw out the records and rankings when playing the Falcons. Seen too many games like the one in the dome last year.

They can score, and you can get weird bounces of the ball, new QB who has always been turnover prone etc. I am ready for anything.

On the plus side maybe this is when Winston starts to turn it around. He is familiar with the Falcons and at least has beat them a few times. If Payton calls a good game and keeps it balanced it should not be a let down.

Winston should be dialed in with this opportunity. Everyone else should be focused on picking up slack for Drew, so I want to see the team respond....
This.
Everything should be thrown out in a rivalry game. It’s usually not easy.

Just like when OU faces Texas. You can throw out the records and stats with hated rivals they know each other in and out. The Falcons will probably think they smell blood. Saints players are going to have to play the best 60 minutes they have played all year and that include the last Bucs game because the Falcons will be fired up.

Their run D is good, but a lot of that is because teams pass a lot against them. They rank 12th in YPC allowed (link below) which is still top half of the league, but also means teams don’t attempt to run on them much. Likely because their pass D hasn’t been quite as good but also because they’ve led for most of their games.

I don't know if anyone else has said it yet, but another thing to consider is that Jameis has also been seeing ATL twice a year for every season that he's been in the NFL. It's not like he is getting thrown into the fire against an unfamiliar opponent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom