"The Audible" podcast: NFC South Draft/UDFA analysis (great Saints take) (1 Viewer)

Good post by the OP.

Pretty fair assessment. They felt that Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and McCoy would have been NO SURPRISE had they been picked in the 1st round.

I like that they put value on the 3rd round pick we gave up (last year) for Bridgewater. They said: "For that 3rd round pick, he (Bridgewater) could become Nick Foles for New Orleans."

Gives a nice overview of how things went in the NFC South.

:gosaints:

Last edited:
They said Emanuel Butler could be better than a Keith Kirkwood!!

What? Kirky ain’t going anywhere! Butler isn’t sending Kirky packing! No way!

They said Emanuel Butler could be better than a Keith Kirkwood!!

What? Kirky ain’t going anywhere! Butler isn’t sending Kirky packing! No way!

Saint Lattimore:

You may be right. But...

"No way UDFA Pierre Thomas will beat out Antonio Pittman... it ain't happening!"

Saint Lattimore:

You may be right. But...

"No way UDFA Pierre Thomas will beat out Antonio Pittman... it ain't happening!"

I see what you’re saying... and for the record, I was a big fan of PT23 coming out of Illinois, and I thought he had a good chance to win a spot that year...

But... Kirky already has a year in the Saints offense.. a pretty productive year, where he outperformed TQS and developed a rapport with Drew Brees. Kirky would have to fall off a cliff to lose his roster spot in my opinion.

I see what you’re saying... and for the record, I was a big fan of PT23 coming out of Illinois, and I thought he had a good chance to win a spot that year...

But... Kirky already has a year in the Saints offense.. a pretty productive year, where he outperformed TQS and developed a rapport with Drew Brees. Kirky would have to fall off a cliff to lose his roster spot in my opinion.

...or, Butler could come in like UDFA John Randle (years ago)... and light it up from jump street!

I think A. Carr spot on the roster is something that can be upgraded so there is a more then good chance for one of these guye to make it on the active roster. Carr is a pedestrian NFL athlete but hes gonna be lined up right hes gonna be were drew needs him to be, hes not gonna be lost if we audible. Thats Carrs chance to stick but more times then not a player with more NFL measurables with a lower football IQ is gonna make more plays then the guy with Pedestrian athletism with a higher IQ.

...or, Butler could come in like UDFA John Randle (years ago)... and light it up from jump street!

I like "Kirky" but he in now way outperformed TQS
TQS 28 catches, 427 yards, 5tds
Kirky 13 catches, 209 yards, 2 tds

I like "Kirky" but he in no way outperformed TQS
TQS 28 catches, 427 yards, 5tds
Kirky 13 catches, 209 yards, 2 tds

“There are three types of lies, lies, damn lies, and statistics” attributed to Mark Twain.

Not questioning the veracity of your post I just like the quote because it illustrates how statistics can be misleading.

I think your comparison requires additional information; the number of snaps played and the number of targets. It may be that the two are actually closer in terms of performance.

“There are three types of lies, lies, damn lies, and statistics” attributed to Mark Twain.

Not questioning the veracity of your post I just like the quote because it illustrates how statistics can be misleading.

I think your comparison requires additional information; the number of snaps played and the number of targets. It may be that the two are actually closer in terms of performance.
TQS had 44 targets to Kirky 21 and TQS caught 64% to Kirky 62%. I don't know how much deeper you can go in the stats than that. TQS literally more than doubled Kirky's output last year in every category (catches, yards, td's, and had a higher efficiency). They both seem to have a lot of upside.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom