The Avengers: Age of Ultron ****Now with Spoilers in living Technicolor*** (1 Viewer)

As long as it's not done on the level of the recently concluded comic book series, I'm good. I was not impressed with that one bit.

The fact that Vin Diesel is associated in any way to the Marvel U doesn't tickle my fancy. And if gets the rumored role of Vision, I'll be very annoyed.

Vision is an android, right?

So they'd be asking Vin to hang around looking buff and not act.

"Hey, Vin. You know how you play the same wooden, emotionally absent character in every movie?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Can you do that in red and green spandex?"

"Does the Pope **** in the woods?"

In an exclusive interview with io9, Whedon said you can absolutely have Ultron without Hank Pym. He said:

"We don't have to have him. It works very simply — this is Marvel cinema, not Marvel comics. One thing [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige has a genius for is knowing what to hold onto and what to let go of. You can invoke the feeling you had and play with the characters you love and remain true to the needs of the film."

This also frees up director Edgar Wright, who is working on the Ant Man movie, to truly own that character.

Joss Whedon: No, You Don't Need Hank Pym to Have Ultron

he was damned good in The Boiler Room.

and Pitch Black.

and the voice of The Iron Giant

I have nothing against him, I i fact like all the movies you listed, and him in all of them. But he's not "my" Vision. I trust Joss, so if he thinks it'll be great, then so be it. As far as how they'll work Pym in, my immediate assumption was that Ultron is JARVIS going rogue, or being hacked, and that Pym is brought it to BUILD Vision to help fight it.

I have nothing against him, I i fact like all the movies you listed, and him in all of them. But he's not "my" Vision. I trust Joss, so if he thinks it'll be great, then so be it. As far as how they'll work Pym in, my immediate assumption was that Ultron is JARVIS going rogue, or being hacked, and that Pym is brought it to BUILD Vision to help fight it.

i agree with you, i dont envision him as Vision either. i was just saying that even though Vin is in a lot of terrible movies, he is still capable of playing decent roles when they are given to him.

i agree with you, i dont envision him as Vision either. i was just saying that even though Vin is in a lot of terrible movies, he is still capable of playing decent roles when they are given to him.
totes. I always imagined him with a "black guys" voice, sort of James Earl Jones-y or Larry Fishburn, but obviously those are terrible "live" casts of the character. No idea why that's in my head, but it is.

totes. I always imagined him with a "black guys" voice, sort of James Earl Jones-y or Larry Fishburn, but obviously those are terrible "live" casts of the character. No idea why that's in my head, but it is.

FWIW, Fishburne was the voice of the Silver Surfer in the 2nd Fantastic Four movie.

Way I heard it, Hank Pym won't even be in this. It'll likely be something Stark does. Like he'll try to make an even more battle capable offshot of JARVIS that goes off an does Ultrony things to people.

I find it interesting that they can use Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch. I thought there was still licensing stupidity where Fox still has rights to all things mutants, even though Disney owns Marvel.

If they're going to put him in the Marvel Universe, I hope it's as the voice of Rocket Raccoon...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom