The Beatles or the Stones? A scientific pole. (1 Viewer)

The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? A scientific pole.

• The Beatles

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • The Rolling Stones

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Taco- Puttin' on the Ritz

Votes: 17 18.3%

• Total voters
I've listened to The Beatles so much that I don't even need to play the albums any more, you know? I'm the same way with RUSH and probably indigo girls as well. There are a few Stones albums like Sticky Fingers, Exile, and Aftermath that I've listened to quite a bit, although I've probably still listened to the Kinks or The WHO more than the Stones. Oh, Led Zeppelin I've probably listened to some of the albums enough to have 'em memorized as well. Oh crap, a bunch of alternative rock and indie rock from the 90s probably too, now that I think about it. And jazz and musicals and stuff. Well, hell. I guess there's a ton of stuff in the jukebox by this point.

One of my waking fantasies revolves around a counter/tally/odometer like thing that we'll have access to in Heaven. You could find out how many cigarettes you've smoked, how many times you've watched Karate Kid/Coming to America/Shawshank, etc., and what your all time play counts are by album. Also, stuff like how long you've spent at red lights and all that sort of thing.

I was blessed to have a father that played the Stones, Beatles, Doors, and Zepplin growing up. Good times.

When I was younger, and less lame than I am these days I was more into the Stones. They had edge to them. They had great music.

Now that I am older, and I have kids of my own, it’s easier for me to play Blackbird and Golden Slumbers to the kids than Paint it Black.

I appreciate them both, but I would have to pick the Beatles for where I am now in life.

But don’t make me choose between them and Falco, because Falco wins every time.

I'm still waiting to see the scientific pole....

Though I'm surely in the minority.....I've always liked the Who better than both...Townsend was an amazing song writer, Quadrophenia is the most underrated work of all time IMO....

I like more Beatles songs than Rolling Stones songs, but I like some Rolling Stones songs more than any Beatles songs.
When looking at my playlist, it appears I like more Stones songs than Beatles songs. But, my answer independently of realizing that, I'd reflexively say The Beatles. I also have some favored Stones songs spanning more decades.

I dunno, I just have come to the conclusion it's an unfair comparison. You can't say, OMG, the Beatles suck (despite what Krod said). But I would never say, OMG, the Stones are one of my favorite bands, notwithstanding how many of their songs I've d/l'd in the digital age (never owned one album or cassette or CD by either band). It's kind of weird.

Oh god.. i feel like we’ve been though this debate on this board more often than aging rock stars have fallen ill and cancelled on Jazzfest.

The answer is The Beatles, and it isn’t close.

That said, there are a few Stones songs that i really like, as much as almost anything the Beatles ever wrote and recorded.. But the BODY of work the Beatles put out is incomparable, all over the map, from bubble gum pop (but good bubble gum pop) to psychedelic experimental music, and everything in between.. The amount of output they had for only really being together in the public consciousness for SIX years is astounding.. the Beatles are to music what the current guy dominating on Jeopardy is to the dozens of other contestants that have gone against him.. sure, they get a question right every once in a while, but it’s still like men vs boys out there.

One thing's for sure, IMO, the music out of those times still stands up. I remember specifically at the time standing in a club and stating that the current '80s music -- New Wave -- would be disposable. I still stand by that.

I've listened to The Beatles so much that I don't even need to play the albums any more, you know? I'm the same way with RUSH and probably indigo girls as well. There are a few Stones albums like Sticky Fingers, Exile, and Aftermath that I've listened to quite a bit, although I've probably still listened to the Kinks or The WHO more than the Stones. Oh, Led Zeppelin I've probably listened to some of the albums enough to have 'em memorized as well. Oh crap, a bunch of alternative rock and indie rock from the 90s probably too, now that I think about it. And jazz and musicals and stuff. Well, hell. I guess there's a ton of stuff in the jukebox by this point.

One of my waking fantasies revolves around a counter/tally/odometer like thing that we'll have access to in Heaven. You could find out how many cigarettes you've smoked, how many times you've watched Karate Kid/Coming to America/Shawshank, etc., and what your all time play counts are by album. Also, stuff like how long you've spent at red lights and all that sort of thing.

Nice job slipping the Indigo Girls in there. You thought we wouldn't notice.

I'm not supposed to interfere with this pole in any way. You know. Scientific.
But I do find it interesting that EE has so many Taco fans. Hmmm....

Carry on lab rats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom