The beginning of the end of disposable plastic containers? (1 Viewer)

Or we could just recycle

After Covid and the legion of our other antisocial ills, a new leadership should just sit us down and go back over all the rules we were taught but forgot from kindergarten
Just offer (conscript) nationwide lessons in kindness, responsiblity, sharing and picking up after ourselves
Maybe if we’re good we can do some coloring or play with legos

Or we could just recycle

After Covid and the legion of our other antisocial ills, a new leadership should just sit us down and go back over all the rules we were taught but forgot from kindergarten
Just offer (conscript) nationwide lessons in kindness, responsiblity, sharing and picking up after ourselves
Maybe if we’re good we can do some coloring or play with legos
nope. easy in theory, nearly impossible to enforce.

I assume you mean in the States since many places seem to do it just fine
both
it is a misnomer that it costs more in resources to recycle, but it does cost more in manpower. people don't know how to recycle.

i recycle glass bottles, too many, cans, plastic bottles (i remove labels), and plain cardboard.

i've seen people dump all kinds of crap into the recycle bins. this just leads to more sorting time, which in turn can cost more in resources to recycle a fraction of what should be in the amount of operating time.

until corrected, i like seeing companies make an effort to help reduce human inefficiency.

when did jw move from glass to plastic?

(shows how old my black label is :covri: )

So does this mean that you won’t have to put it in a paper bag anymore since the bottle will be a paper bag in a way?

Will it also have that yummy waxy/glue taste like paper straws have?

Just checked. My JW black is a glass bottle and it’s not all that old. Got it sometime this year.

it is a misnomer that it costs more in resources to recycle, but it does cost more in manpower. people don't know how to recycle.

i recycle glass bottles, too many, cans, plastic bottles (i remove labels), and plain cardboard.

i've seen people dump all kinds of crap into the recycle bins. this just leads to more sorting time, which in turn can cost more in resources to recycle a fraction of what should be in the amount of operating time.

until corrected, i like seeing companies make an effort to help reduce human inefficiency.

Here is the thing, recycling needs to be easier for people to do or they won't do it. Companies need to develop better ways to sort or they need to develop different kinds of containers that don't require as much sorting.

Here is the thing, recycling needs to be easier for people to do or they won't do it. Companies need to develop better ways to sort or they need to develop different kinds of containers that don't require as much sorting.

Step 1: put recyclables in bin.

How much easier can it be?

Step 1: put recyclables in bin.

How much easier can it be?

Lots of things are recyclable that Orleans Parish won't take. Like, you know, glass. And they restrict the types of plastics they are willing to take.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom