The beginning of the end of Rudy's campaign??? (1 Viewer)

AR Saint

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker, somewhere u
So why does Giuliani believe the right to abortion — that most dubious of constitutional imperatives — should be subsidized?

“Ultimately (abortion) is a constitutional right,” he recently told a CNN reporter, “and therefore if it’s a constitutional right, ultimately even if you do it on a state-by-state basis, you make sure that people are protected.”

“So,” responded the reporter, “you support taxpayer money or public funding for abortion in some cases?”

“If it would deprive someone of a constitutional right,” replied Giuliani. “Yes, if that is the status of the law, then I would, yes.”

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/onpoint/archives/2007/04/carroll_missing_his_chance.html

Fred Thompson, I think the door was just opened to the nomination if you are willing to run...

Fred Thompson, I think the door was just opened to the nomination if you are willing to run...

Is this Fred and his daughter? Nope. It's Fast Freddy and his current wife.

sag.jpg

Good luck Fred getting the Evangelicals behind you.

Legally, he is correct.

Rudy gets my vote. While abortion is tough to stomach, the demonstrated competency this guy would bring to Washington outweighs any flaws he may have.

In some cases...namely, the ones specified by the Hyde Amendment. Which he does not want to change.

Not at all the "free abortions for everyone!" his critics are attributing to him.

Rudy gets my vote. While abortion is tough to stomach, the demonstrated competency this guy would bring to Washington outweighs any flaws he may have.

"The air quality is safe and acceptable."

Sept. 17, 2001 - Rudy Giuliani

Competency at its finest.

And this is a problem HOW?

Is there something in the Constitution that the First Lady has to look like Hillary?

Looks like a sign of very good judgement to me...

Social conservatives might take issue with him marrying a woman younger than his children.

Should be interesting to see who the evangelicals decide to get behind, Brownback or Huckabee seem to be their current choices.

Social conservatives might take issue with him marrying a woman younger than his children.

Should be interesting to see who the evangelicals decide to get behind, Brownback or Huckabee seem to be their current choices.

Typically social conservatives care about abortion and dem' gays. Adultery only matters if your last name is Clinton and other social issues are largely ignored. People don't like to get to loud about things they want to maintain the option to do themselves and marrying a hot younger woman is in that category.

I think most people way, way overplay the social conservative angle. It's a media figment. Rudy will do just fine. As will Fred.

I think most people way, way overplay the social conservative angle. It's a media figment. Rudy will do just fine. As will Fred.

Its Karl Roves number one focal point. I think its a huge deal. Plus Rudy isnt getting past his track record, which is poor at best before 9/11 when he was widelly hated and after 9/11- in which he has some pretty bad skeletons in his closet(firefighter treatment, the whole air is clean mess that he knew was BS, trying to ignore state constitution to get another term, his own son speaking out against him). My money is on Mitt Romney to be the guy. Hes raising the money and he hits all the right notes with fiscal and social conservatives, except hes a mormon.

I just wish Fred Thompson would go ahead and announce his candidacy so the infatuation with Rudy can go away and there will be a viable option to McLain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom