The benefits of red meat vs veggies (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
Go for it JE and mister pc.

I am interested to see this as well as I have recently cut way back on red meat myself and moved to a more chicken and veggies diet and feel much more energized and feel all around better.

I am interested to see this as well as I have recently cut way back on red meat myself and moved to a more chicken and veggies diet and feel much more energized and feel all around better.
It's the truth.

I moved way off it. Swithched it to a "treat" kind of thing.

Red meat takes awhile to digest. Slows you down.

Whenever I get stuck in an airport and succumb to the Quarter Pounder, which is delicious going down, I soon get buyer's remorse when I feel sit like a rock in my stomach...

I feel sweaty and greasy if I eat red meat or sugary drinks like coke, but my God if steak isn't the greatest food ever made going down and worth the shame afterwards. I don't feel as bad when I make a grilled burger, but after I eat a fried burger from McD's or BK I can feel the grease inside me. I love the act of eating red meat, but man if it doesn't make you feel like crap afterwards.

I'm in this same camp too and echo what you guys said. I enjoy steak on the weekends though when I can be lazy after I eat. I usually feel great too after eating steak as long as I don't have to move, haha. M-F, give me a veggie burger.

Good decision.. You avoid the option of higher fat content and opt for the low fat/high protein option with chicken (roasted, grilled or baked) and complex carbs in the veggies.. Much better for you.

The perfect diet, meaning the diet that the human body evolved to eat - consists of 70% or more fat, and the rest protein. The carb compnent is a minute amount (even meat contains a few carbs. The key is that fruits and veggies spike insulin - insulin is the scourge of human health. Insulin is what causes heart disease (not cholesterol). There is also emergin evidence that insulin plays a very large role in cancer. And obviously it is insulin that causes diabetes.
Insulin also makes you fat. And really, getting fat makes you lucky because you have evidence of how unhealthy you are living.

And do not get me wrong - this is not some sort of Atkins diet crap. The Atkins diet was concerned to determine how much carbs you could eat. What I am saying is that you should eat zero carbs.

But it goes beyond not just eating "carbs" - it means the human bosy is not equipped for the taste of sweet. Even "zero calorie" - no sugar, no carb sweetners increase insulin levels. The only thing essential for human beings is meat and water - and the fattier the meat the better.

A few reading materials, for anyone interested:

Good Calories, Bad Calories, Gary Taubes

On Corpulence, William Banting

Not by Bread Alone, AKA The Fat of the Land, Viljamur Stefansson

and

http://zeroinginonhealth.com/library/eatfatgrowslim.pdf

The perfect diet, meaning the diet that the human body evolved to eat - consists of 70% or more fat, and the rest protein. The carb compnent is a minute amount (even meat contains a few carbs. The key is that fruits and veggies spike insulin - insulin is the scourge of human health. Insulin is what causes heart disease (not cholesterol). There is also emergin evidence that insulin plays a very large role in cancer. And obviously it is insulin that causes diabetes.
Insulin also makes you fat. And really, getting fat makes you lucky because you have evidence of how unhealthy you are living.

And do not get me wrong - this is not some sort of Atkins diet crap. The Atkins diet was concerned to determine how much carbs you could eat. What I am saying is that you should eat zero carbs.

But it goes beyond not just eating "carbs" - it means the human bosy is not equipped for the taste of sweet. Even "zero calorie" - no sugar, no carb sweetners increase insulin levels. The only thing essential for human beings is meat and water - and the fattier the meat the better.

and

When it comes to losing fat, it is more about how much sugar (or sugar substitute) you consume rather than calories or dietary fat intake. Hence, the goal is to consume as little sugar or sugar substitute as possible (including fruits and their juices). Why? The sweet flavor elicits the release of insulin from the pancreas to enhance the uptake of sugar by the cells so that it doesn't linger in the bloodstream. Once insulin is released it inhibits your fat burning hormone called HSL (hormone sensitive lipase). This hormone is responsible for releasing fat into the bloodstream to be utilized as fuel. If inhibited, your body is unable to burn fat and will then begin utilizing amino acids (from muscle) and carbohydrates as fuel. This will leave you feeling tired, grumpy, and sloth-like toward the end of the day. Not to mention, you will become abnormally hungry. Those with large amounts of HSL burn fat all day and look thin and slim. Those who inhibit it by eating or drinking the wrong substances grow fat throughout their adult years.

http://www.emaxhealth.com/11/586.html

and

FWIW, cholesterol is a cause of heart disease.. LDL's that is.. Not HDL's (good cholesterol that is necessary for good health).. And its simple sugars and high glycemic carbs that cause this.. Low glycemic carbs like complex carbs are good for you (wheat breads, whole grain foods, green veggies, etc.)

The perfect diet, meaning the diet that the human body evolved to eat - consists of 70% or more fat, and the rest protein. The carb component is a minute amount (even meat contains a few carbs. The key is that fruits and veggies spike insulin - insulin is the scourge of human health. Insulin is what causes heart disease (not cholesterol). There is also emerging evidence that insulin plays a very large role in cancer. And obviously it is insulin that causes diabetes.

But it goes beyond not just eating "carbs" - it means the human body is not equipped for the taste of sweet. Even "zero calorie" - no sugar, no carb sweeteners increase insulin levels. The only thing essential for human beings is meat and water - and the fattier the meat the better.

and

I have to disagree.

Simply stated, if this were the case "The only thing essential for human beings is meat and water" Then we would have all canine teeth but our teeth are that of an omnivore which intends for us to eat both meats and vegetables.

Last edited:
FWIW, cholesterol is a cause of heart disease.. LDL's that is.. Not HDL's (good cholesterol that is necessary for good health).. And its simple sugars and high glycemic carbs that cause this.. Low glycemic carbs like complex carbs are good for you (wheat breads, whole grain foods, green veggies, etc.)

so-called low-glycemic carbs still increase insulin secretion in humans (as opposed to a all meat diet). Ad there is strong evidence that insulin creates small particle LDL. I mean without a doubt, eating green beans is better than eating a snickers - but the green beans are still destroying your body.

so-called low-glycemic carbs still increase insulin secretion in humans (as opposed to a all meat diet). Ad there is strong evidence that insulin creates small particle LDL. I mean without a doubt, eating green beans is better than eating a snickers - but the green beans are still destroying your body.

Well any carbohydrate you eat will secrete insulin so what do you suppose we eat.. Because a no carb diet is detrimental to anyones health.. Ive done it personally and it was the worst month of my life.. I was very lean but couldnt comprehend ****.. The brain cant work without carbs.. Not trying to argue, just saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom