The Best Outcome for the New Orleans Saints. (1 Viewer)

Blitz The C-Gap

22+ Sack Pass-Rusher
Reaction score
The Best Outcome for the

New Orleans Saints:

A Hopeful Prediction. by: Cabe Bond
(note, this is transferred from a Google doc)

The Saint’s success will vary this year depending on two important roles, a solid defense, and a certain five-thousand yard passer. I'll start with the latter of the two because quite frankly every Saints fan has seen the problem with our defense, which the draft made some moderate improvements to.That’s, of course, exclusive of our present team, but i'll get to that point in a moment so lower the pitchforks for a second. Jameis Winston. How should I phrase this.. the ceiling is the sky and the floor is hell. He truly is a gamble, but if you really want to be optimistic about things, even if he is Aaron Brooks 2.0 (which no hate to Aaron, and i'm not saying Jameis will be) there should be a Drew Brees 2.0 to follow... Right ? Anyhow, I'm getting off topic. The point I'm making is that our team relies on his success, if he does bad, so do we.
-GhrhnFAnbKlQ1DqKvlGPNsHTvM0AAMC7r97aQgCU93Wu22I04hEjyjGvCAR88Nv_r7p0IqZstPKhNocE9d0f67ryh1X8_5r_ewLyItYAnfheJzVozlI4cgpqUeeFKtJ2jUtzFDx

With that being said I have a few predictions of my own. I think, and I'm being optimistic, he will start the season with a bang!.. Then follow the next couple of games with a mediocre performance, only for a few games that is, then revert back to his week one form. All-in-All, I think his final stat line will be 4650/38/10. Optimism aside, I do truly believe that this is a plausible stat line. One could say bias plays a role in this, but do I see this actually happening, regardless of any bias.
TuiS1MBUO1nsfT7rtYpxCMb9DFM_uHFj7oQ1IQAkcMtPJi5JXhxkH5N5bRAC_fWUpo_LvadxWFPs-l5uf3MS6SW0jMvwv79505C12nueLfJNl47eaNJpelNaJiPkw7W3bU8kH6b4

How? Why i'm glad you ask. Let's start with the number one reason I have hope. He was a number one overall pick. An accolade that isn’t given out to anyone for any reason, unless you're being picked by the Raiders. What I'm saying here is that he has more than enough talent. He had a sight and immaturity problem entering the league but so far, he's done whatever he can to correct those issues. At the collegiate level, he had a cannon, with one of the most accurate arms. Then he was drafted by the suc- I mean Buccaneers, which at the time, was a team with absolutely zero coaching staff or qualified leaders. I take this as a sort of excuse for his maturity issues. And after spending a year under Brees and Sean, he seems to have turned into quite a leader. Everyday is some sort of practice between one of our receivers and him. Truly it is fascinating to see how much of a leader he has become, and i'm ready to see him on the field performing.
Rah3GHISrmkjhonpLNqUyU3MyuPEdDNiqJkYoAMeopvB3gFG0J47P6X3KMYaCBXo04NqtQpMTySoxJJvWKhTuMMzNluLb16KfGtTXSob5pWSHZmHKdHB3u7OWUjhTVmqfrEPmJBT

Now, the elephant in the room. Thirty for Thirty, and if you read that with dramatic music in the background then we're in the same boat. This is definitely a possibility, however, I don't see it happening. Why? Well he's put in an unbelievable amount of work over the last season. He was mentored by Drew Brees for a year, who is arguably the most accurate passer of all time, and his head coach is one of the greatest offensive minds in the history of the NFL. I honestly cannot see Jameis repeating the negatives from his 2019 season. There is, however, another reason why I cannot see him doing as bad as he did in 2019.

I'm going to give you all some stats and then once you've cast your judgement on the player, i'll tell you exactly who they are, okay? Alright. Player One: 3739/26/28 with a 56.7% completion percentage. Player Two: 4274/24/22 with a 63.3% completion percentage. Player Three: 4374/23/18 with a 54.1% completion percentage. And lastly, Player Four: 5109/33/30 with a 60.7% completion percentage. Now for the big reveal of each player. Player One is Hall Of Fame quarterback, Peyton Manning. Player Two is the great Carson Palmer, who had a good number of great years. Number Three is would be Hall Of Fame quarterback, Andrew Luck, who, if his career wasn't cut short, he would still be dominating the league. Which leaves Number Four, who is none other than Jameis Winston. Now what do all these players have in common. Well, each of those stat lines represent the players first year with Bruce Arians as head coach, and coincidentally enough, all of those QB's were also 1st overall picks. All three had amazing careers, all three had a bad first season with Bruce. This knowledge alone makes me significantly less afraid of what the future holds for Winston, but to further elaborate on my point, let's do some stat comparison. Jameis leads those Quarterbacks in Passing Yards, and Touchdowns, and places second in completion percentage. Of course he also leads the pack in interceptions, but with the constant work he's put in with our receivers, and the amount of work he's put in on his accuracy, I think that those won't be a problem.

Alright, now time for part two of what will make the Saints a SuperBowl caliber team- our defense. If you know my page, you'll know I have high hopes for Pete Werner, and I expect Paulson Adebo and Trill Williams to be great. However, I simply don't see these rookies coming in and making an instant impact, mid season, maybe, next year, definitely, but the first 8 weeks, no I'm not expecting dominance. That being said, I'm sure they all will make some dominant plays, but not dominate all game, everygame. So what's the solution? Another solid defensive tackle and two key players.
I’ll address our DT issue first. I love David Onyemata, he’s a monster and plays a big role in our D-Line. However, we have lost both of our other main DT’s, thus making Onyemata the only qualified starter. Now I won’t go crazy in-depth on this issue because the issue is easily fixable. Whether it’s putting Cam Jordan at DT, and having Turner be our DE, or maybe picking up someone like Jurrell Casey, or Geno Atkins for a one year deal. The solution will not be hard to find. Now onto the main piece.
The Saints are expected to have around twelve million in available cap space. The main use of that is to, of course, pay our rookies. However, we should also look to use some of that money to sign two key players, namely Kwon Alexander and Dre Kirkpatrick. Now I've already made an appreciation post for Kwon Alexander, pretty much explaining his stats, and his impact for the Saints, as seen here [https://saintsreport.com/threads/two-linebackers-who-the-saints-should-target.448961/], so I won't dive too heavily into Kwon. If you’ve watched any footage of him on our defense, you’ll understand how good of a pickup he would be. I read an argument that said this pickup could limit Werner, but to be quite honest, I think this would help Werner. Having two elite veterans to learn under and to be a safety net for mistakes is perfect for any developmental rookie. That's the value that Kwon brings. Now some of you may be confused about Dre Kirkpatrick, why him? Well for starters, he had a good workout with us, which already is a good sign. On top of that, he can be signed for cheap and bring an immediate impact to our defense, which is pretty much golden for the Saints. But to be completely frank, the impact he brings would be starting at LCB. In Arizona he played RCB, and his stats were not that impressive, however, that's because his true position is LCB. The numbers he put up in Cincinnati at that position are great considering he would be our CB2. On top of that, he would bring valuable experience for Shon and Debo, given that he’s a solid veteran.
4GMbaUDPlzWlwFMD_x9_XV_IdDo_aOt8x_wnhygEokZOjFNtdKbkaGIv3sCtqNX-LgetrfAGbyNcAwOfKlStB9sFrjavJaHwMXenD67VujtUfqGg0uesqYVmKO1eNzF-x8PFOWrT

If we somehow do get both of them, then in my opinion our SuperBowl chances rise exponentially. However in the end, we'll all just have to see what really will happen. My take essentially is , if the Saints up their defense, and if Jameis does well, then the team has all the pieces needed to be a SuperBowl Contender.

1625448377470.png1625448377830.png

( I don’t know why the photos are duplicated, it bugged on the upload or something idk )

Not sure if Dre would come cheap. He left our spot and the Panthers without a contract. Kinda seems like he is trying to get top dollar as of now. Which I don’t blame him, but if a player was going to sign for less, then he probably would have by now. Two teams, two workouts means he has suitors. Could blow up in his face or someone will up the ante?

Also, Trill Williams isn’t even on the team.

Not sure if Dre would come cheap. He left our spot and the Panthers without a contract. Kinda seems like he is trying to get top dollar as of now. Which I don’t blame him, but if a player was going to sign for less, then he probably would have by now. Two teams, two workouts means he has suitors. Could blow up in his face or someone will up the ante?
Also, Trill Williams isn’t even on the team.
yeah I saw he failed his physical but was back working out. I didn’t see the part about him getting picked up by Miami until literally just now. My b.

I forgot Jurrell Casey is still available. That would be a solid get. Somehow, if we managed to get Casey, Kwon, and Dre, then I’d feel a lot better about our defense. The holes at those positions are not ideal.

That is way too long to read. Anyone got the Cliff's notes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom