The best result I've seen from a Dennis Allen defense (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Hats off to him.

I'm not a fan of his, but he deserves extreme credit with today's victory.

It was a clinic they put on today.

The NFL could use the footage from this game as a training guide of how to properly play defense. It was that good.

Hats off to him.

The NFL could use the footage from this game as a training guide of how to properly play defense. It was that good.
I will sleep better tonight knowing you approve of the performance today. :)

Hats off to him.

Don't get your hopes up.

Prepare yourself for a down year.

Trust me, I'm an expert.

Additional fourth sentence/paragraph.

I think having Richard coaching the secondary makes a big difference.

Last year Aaron looked like he was unstoppable. Did what he want when he wanted.

This year Rodgers looked like a 3rd string QB.

How can you not be a fan of his? He’s turned the saints defense better and better each year. He himself has improved and the team every season

ALSO keep in mind he had crawley out, lattimore out half the game, rookie adebo starting, and Trufant signed 5 days ago. Oh ya against Aaron Rodgers

Not his best, but really really good.

There’s no doubt his best was absolutely obliterating the future Super Bowl Champs on their own field last season.

Complete physical domination from the get go.

Shouldn’t we be the number 1 defense this week?

I honestly wouldn't even bother with caring since it's kinda convoluted plus ppl will just cherry-pick whatever suits their arguments and biases anyway. I believe defensive (as well as offensive) rankings are determined by combining a team's numerical ranking for both points allowed and yards allowed (if someone has a link to something saying otherwise, please correct me so I won't be spreading misinformation.) So, say your team is 3rd in points allowed and 4th in yards allowed then that combined total is 7. If no other team's combined number is lower than 7 then your team would be the #1 defense.

Of course, we need to remember that pundits, biased fans, and others whom are just generally ignorant and unwilling to educate themselves will try to say their team is #1 simply because they're ranked #1 for one of those categories but not both.

Especially for the first game of the season.

I hope that's not just due to the Packers not being prepared.

I was about to start a thread for Allen.

Man how much this guy has brought our D forward is just impressive.

He transformed the historically worst defense in football to a juggernaut in 6 years.
Just imagine how decimated our D got due to cap issues and roster cuts. We even had some guys not be able to start week 1 due to legal issues.

Allen set up a D and schemed them to hold the #2 offense from 2020 with the MVP under center to just 3 points.

Cant give enough props to this guy. And there will be "Im done with Allen" threads once we have a downer. But just remember what he built up from basically nothing. By "nothing" I mean the worst D# ever to play the game :D

I'll admit that I wasn't initially a fan of his, but over the past 4 years I am glad that we have him and our position coaches as well!

I was about to start a thread for Allen.

Man how much this guy has brought our D forward is just impressive.

He transformed the historically worst defense in football to a juggernaut in 6 years.
Just imagine how decimated our D got due to cap issues and roster cuts. We even had some guys not be able to start week 1 due to legal issues.

Allen set up a D and schemed them to hold the #2 offense from 2020 with the MVP under center to just 3 points.

Cant give enough props to this guy. And there will be "Im done with Allen" threads once we have a downer. But just remember what he built up from basically nothing. By "nothing" I mean the worst D# ever to play the game :D

And the 3 points came from a two minute drill just before halftime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom