The BEST thing coach Sean Payton could do for the Saints now (1 Viewer)

Is they do this, it will be the biggest mistake the organization makes since letting Ditka trade an entire draft for Ricky Williams. I love SP, but if he wants to coach somewhere else, it better cost that team dearly. Business is business.
Sean Payton is definitely the best coach in franchise history oh, that being said he also
jacked up our salary cap and is bailing on us when things start to get a little tough. So if he is going to screw us we should make them pay

The best thing that Payton could ever do for the Saints, he already did.

"After 15 years, in which I transformed the Saints franchise into a SB winner and perennial contender, I am walking away from coaching because I am burned out and need time for myself and my family, but screw myself and my family, I better make myself available immediately so the Saints can get a draft pick".

Come on, man!

The best thing that Payton could ever do for the Saints, he already did.
Absolutely!
Perhaps I should have written: "The best thing Sean could do for us going forward."

I don't know what Sean is going to do from here, and neither do you.
I'm merely discussing how his future choices may affect the Saints in a positive way.

I think the best thing he could do for us is to help Loomis interview and choose his replacement.
Nope. You don't get to leave and choose your replacement. I'm still kinda salty. He deserves to retire but the whole take a break and go coach somewhere else bothers me.

Nope. You don't get to leave and choose your replacement. I'm still kinda salty. He deserves to retire but the whole take a break and go coach somewhere else bothers me.
What made me appreciate the press conference on Tuesday was being able to see Payton's emotions as he tried to put his decision in perspective. Sean is still emotionally attached to the Saints and all the people & players he worked with over the years. When the subject of installing a bedroom at the training facility came up, that reality hit me very hard. These coaching professionals are a different breed. There is no way that I could attach myself to my job to that degree.

If he mentally can't perform to that level and feels that the team won't be getting his undivided attention, then his move is the correct one for him & our team. If/when he moves on to a new coaching job, we will have to assume that he not only feels he can regain that level of drive, but also that the situation will make him feel confident that he can fill that role once again.

But I agree with you. The friendships made here can (and should) remain. But the business side of football needs to be separate unless Loomis feels Sean's input can be of some benefit. No doubt there will be a little bit of both during this transition period.

I'm a saints fan before I'm a Payton fan. If he signs somewhere else it's in our best interest to get everything we can out of the deal. Payton is doing what's best for him so we must do what's best for us. A HOF coach should be worth a ton on the market.

I think the best thing he could do for us is to help Loomis interview and choose his replacement.
I’ll pass on this mindset knowing Sean will likely be coaching in the NFC again. You don’t want the arsonist to be the fire fighter as well.

What made me appreciate the press conference on Tuesday was being able to see Payton's emotions as he tried to put his decision in perspective. Sean is still emotionally attached to the Saints and all the people & players he worked with over the years. When the subject of installing a bedroom at the training facility came up, that reality hit me very hard. These coaching professionals are a different breed. There is no way that I could attach myself to my job to that degree.

If he mentally can't perform to that level and feels that the team won't be getting his undivided attention, then his move is the correct one for him & our team. If/when he moves on to a new coaching job, we will have to assume that he not only feels he can regain that level of drive, but also that the situation will make him feel confident that he can fill that role once again.

But I agree with you. The friendships made here can (and should) remain. But the business side of football needs to be separate unless Loomis feels Sean's input can be of some benefit. No doubt there will be a little bit of both during this transition period.
I agree with everything you said and I can understand that he may feel burnt out. Most people who are very successful have to sacrifice something, it could be time with family, poor eating habits, vices, etc. I hope he and Loomis remain friends but it's no longer about him it's about the team. I underestimated Loomis before thinking he was just a "bean counter" after the whole Mueller fiasco but he's proven to be a top-notch GM. Going with Allen may be the easy choice but I want him to hit a home run as he did with Payton and it shouldn't have anything to do with what Payton thinks as a successor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom