The best win and the worst loss week 1 in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
Based on expectations vs how the game actually unfolded.

Best win:
Saints over Packers

Worst loss:
Falcons vs Eagles

Eagles predicted by almost everyone to finish dead last in the worst division in football. Falcons predicted to rebound somewhat this season. They lose by 26. At home. They scored 6 points against a subpar defense. At home. They made Jalen Hurts look like an early MVP candidate.

This was a truly glorious week of football.

Given the expectations of the two, it’s kind of hard to move away from our game for worst loss. Atlanta is more or less expected to be in rebuilding mode while Green Bay fancies themselves making a last SB run with Rodgers. But none the less, I was excited to be able to watch both beat downs. Beat double header I remember in a very long time.

I'd say the worst loss with the Buffalo Bills, they had a dozen chances to put that game away and did everything possible to hand to the steelers at the end.

No bias best win is the Saints against a quality opponent.
For it to be a worst loss, that team has to have a level of expectations going into the season. That knocks the Falcons out because they had none.
Worst loss is Green Bay. Going into the game against what people thought was a rebuilding Saints team without the HOF QB for the past decade and a half.

No bias best win is the Saints against a quality opponent.
For it to be a worst loss, that team has to have a level of expectations going into the season. That knocks the Falcons out because they had none.
Worst loss is Green Bay. Going into the game against what people thought was a rebuilding Saints team without the HOF QB for the past decade and a half.

Plus being displaced by Ida. You know everyone expected this to be another Katrina team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom