The better your offense, worse your D is (1 Viewer)

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
Seems like the Niner D was better with Alex under center or maybe it's just me.

12Stang

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Defense is probably harder to be dominant year in and out.

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
LaTech was the same way. They one of the best offenses in NCAA & were dead last in defense

Paul

Professional
Reaction score
I don't know about all that.
What I do see is a 49er defense that's been figured out for almost half the 2012 season. Our Saints were rolling on them before the pick 6 right before the half. If your Oline can protect and you have a good or better QB, then you will find success.

To me, and of course this is against any team, you cannot turn the ball over to them, AT ALL - they live off of turnovers, seemingly more so than other teams. Turnovers energize their entire team - saw it when they played us, Atlanta, and against Baltimore tonight. You have to crush them when they're down because they can come back in a blink of an eye.

OP
Pdlc

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
I don't know about all that.
What I do see is a 49er defense that's been figured out for almost half the 2012 season. Our Saints were rolling on them before the pick 6 right before the half. If your Oline can protect and you have a good or better QB, then you will find success.

To me, and of course this is against any team, you cannot turn the ball over to them, AT ALL - they live off of turnovers, seemingly more so than other teams. Turnovers energize their entire team - saw it when they played us, Atlanta, and against Baltimore tonight. You have to crush them when they're down because they can come back in a blink of an eye.
True especially the turnovers.

Sent via Tapatalk

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The 99 Rams had the 1 rated offense and the 6th rated defense during their Superbowl run.

Joshwa

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
2010 Packers were 4th on Offense and 5th Defense
2010 Saints were 6th on Offense and 4th Defense

The Patriots were topped ranked in both earlier last decade. The 49ers during the 80s and early 90s were top ranked multiple times.

Beerman84

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yes and No IMO.

I think the injury to Justin Smith late in the season really hampered them. I read after that happened, both he and Aldon Smith were basically held sackless from the week it happened coming into the SB. Smith was a major pass-rushing factor and their defense is built on those guys up front getting pressure so ... it takes a toll.

But also, when opposing teams fear your offense, they tend to be more aggressive, take more chances, and in turn put up more points. So I think there's a little truth in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom