The Big game is over........thoughts on Malcolm... (1 Viewer)

The player I was most impressed with last night? Wells. That was one heck of a running back. How would he look in Black and Gold if Deuce can't go? What year was he? If he was not a senior or a junior coming out, I can possibly smell Heisman. Hester was awesome; Wells was phenomenol.

The player I was most impressed with last night? Wells. That was one heck of a running back. How would he look in Black and Gold if Deuce can't go? What year was he? If he was not a senior or a junior coming out, I can possibly smell Heisman. Hester was awesome; Wells was phenomenol.

Agreed.

Wells has at least two years to come out I believe (freshman?)

Last time I checked, Flynn only threw for a little over 180 yards in that game last night. I'd say Jenkins was doing something right.

slowhio St plays mostly zone defense, so I'm not sold on his man cover skills, (JD), not doubt he is a great athlete and likely could make the transition on the next level, but I would prefer Caison or someone else at #10.

To be honest I wasn't impressed with Jenkins or Lauranitas. Jenkins got beat on the touchdown play and his int. was a gimme. As for Lil Animal I was surprised when the announcer said he had 18 tackles. When you have All Americans on your team they should be making some game changing or momentum changing plays, and tonight I didn't see much of that.

Well...if they don't throw to your side all night...it's hard to really make any game changing plays to swing the momentum...Jenkins was beat by a very good pass to the corner of the endzone by Flynn...which is very hard to defend...you see that happen in the pros all the time...just hard to defend...as for his pick...although it was a bad pass/read...his pick did result in Ohio State scoring...and could have changed the outcome of the game...

On Lauriniatis...I watched him all night...the kid was in on alot of key tackles at the goal-line and even though Hester eventually scored...Lauriniatis was in on 18 tackles...that's alot of tackles in my book...the kid is definitely around the ball....

They played zone all game... I haven't seen many OSU games but I'm willing to bet they play a ton of zone... we don't play alot of zone... not saying that Malcolm can't be a shutdown guy... but he hasn't shown that he can.

He got beat on a TD in a man situation... no there was no pick... he just got beat to the corner.

McShay even says he'll never be a shutdown CB at the next level...

Ya' gotta go Linebacker or Defensive Tackle with pick #10...gotta build that front 7 up!!

I love the "his INT was a gimmie so it doesn't count" stuff. Exactly what INT's, not caused by a tip up, aren't a result of a bad throw/read by the offense?

Phillips is the pick in my mind though.

Last edited:
I just have to say that I'm not sold on the "Laryngitis" kid. I know he had the tackles but will he be a difference maker for this team? With the 10th pick I'd like to see this this team go for someone that can dominate at the line of scrimmage and provide good pass defense.... thats if LB is the direction.

Ya' gotta go Linebacker or Defensive Tackle with pick #10...gotta build that front 7 up!!

maybe. but can you throw the Saints under the bus if they went CB right there?

I'd say Jenkins did well. Besides the TD, can you remember one play he looked bad on? And the INT that he was 2 inches from running back for a TD made up for the one he gave up. I can't really hold the TD against him because in man coverage against a tall WR with good speed, a lot of CBs get burnt. Also remember Lafell was probably LSU's best WR this year and he was limited to 2 catches last night. Doucet had 7 and I believe most, if not all, were on the opposite side to Jenkins.

I'd say Jenkins did well. Besides the TD, can you remember one play he looked bad on? And the INT that he was 2 inches from running back for a TD made up for the one he gave up. I can't really hold the TD against him because in man coverage against a tall WR with good speed, a lot of CBs get burnt. Also remember Lafell was probably LSU's best WR this year and he was limited to 2 catches last night. Doucet had 7 and I believe most, if not all, were on the opposite side to Jenkins.

Judging a CB's ball/recovery skills on a goalline pass isn't really fair anyway. He played a great game overall. And this is coming from someone who doesn't really want him. I want Phillips.

maybe. but can you throw the Saints under the bus if they went CB right there?

Hell no... although we need help at DT and LB... we actually have decent players that can play there if we had a game this week... hell we don't have a decent CB on the roster... sure Usama has shown promise, but he's our best CB... and that says alot about our problems in the secondary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom