The Big game is over........thoughts on Malcolm... (2 Viewers)

They played zone all game... I haven't seen many OSU games but I'm willing to bet they play a ton of zone... we don't play alot of zone... not saying that Malcolm can't be a shutdown guy... but he hasn't shown that he can.

He got beat on a TD in a man situation... no there was no pick... he just got beat to the corner.

McShay even says he'll never be a shutdown CB at the next level...

McShay is right only in the sense that there are NO shutdown cornerbacks in the NFL. But McShay has been wrong before. According to McShay, Hester was one of the worst second round draft choices and would not be productive.

Also, it was not a pick play but the two routes did cross and Jenkins did get crossed up for a second by his own teammate. It did not totally slow him down but it did enough to allow LaFell to get open on the fade to the corner.

would not take Jenkins in Round One. 2nd round definitely. need LB of DT in round one.
Also Flynn did not make a bad throw on the interception. Receiver ran the wrong route.

I'd prefer Aqib Talib... If Kenny Phillips is gone at 10... I'd consider trading ou of 10 and take Talib or Cason later in the 1st... I'm just not feeling the hype with Jenkins. he had an INT which was a result of a misread by either Flynn or the WR... other than that he was just ou there... and got beat for a TD by Lafell... Talib and Cason are playmakers... and are both better in man coverage.

I agree with Aquib Talib. I think that he will be outstanding.

Ya' gotta go Linebacker or Defensive Tackle with pick #10...gotta build that front 7 up!!

I couldn't agree more. These are positions that can have an immediate impact out of college. I would prefer we fill the CB void via FA. It takes a CB a couple of years to learn how to play in the NFL, so I have no problem taking a CB in 2nd or 3rd to develop, but not as our starter.

Gotta go D-Line or LB with our first...I hope!

The player I was most impressed with last night? Wells. That was one heck of a running back. How would he look in Black and Gold if Deuce can't go? What year was he? If he was not a senior or a junior coming out, I can possibly smell Heisman. Hester was awesome; Wells was phenomenol.

Aint that the turth...where did that guy come from?!?

Wells looked pretty much unstoppable...and that stiff arm he put on Chevis Jackson dropped him like a house of cards.

I really don't want to see a DB in the first round...I'd rather see a disruptive big guy DL or
a LB...Drafting a DB in the first is like drafting a WR unless he is a Dion Sanders type
without the big head, or a Jerry Rice type both who had skills to play in the NFL not just in the NCAA...(IMO)

McShay is right only in the sense that there are NO shutdown cornerbacks in the NFL. But McShay has been wrong before. According to McShay, Hester was one of the worst second round draft choices and would not be productive.

Also, it was not a pick play but the two routes did cross and Jenkins did get crossed up for a second by his own teammate. It did not totally slow him down but it did enough to allow LaFell to get open on the fade to the corner.

I'm not defenending McShay, but who knew that Hester would be that kind of returnguy? McShay may have made that statement because he may have been thinking the Bears would play him at CB... and I do agree that Hester would have been a terrible pick as a CB in rd 2... hell they moved him to the offense because he's a terrible CB.

I'm not defenending McShay, but who knew that Hester would be that kind of returnguy? McShay may have made that statement because he may have been thinking the Bears would play him at CB... and I do agree that Hester would have been a terrible pick as a CB in rd 2... hell they moved him to the offense because he's a terrible CB.

I see your argument. But the point is that McShay is not perfect. I actually tend to like McShay. He usually does more research than most analysts out there. But I think his read on Jenkins is a little off. We have seperate opinions on the matter and that's fine. In the end, he could be right or I could be right. It'll remain to be seen, I guess.

The player I was most impressed with last night? Wells. That was one heck of a running back. How would he look in Black and Gold if Deuce can't go? What year was he? If he was not a senior or a junior coming out, I can possibly smell Heisman. Hester was awesome; Wells was phenomenol.
He's a sophomore. Definitely a Heisman candidate. Kid's a stud.

jenkins gives you something a lot of corners don't, and that's size and physical play. i like him.

My problem with Malcolm Jenkins (and much of my affinity towards MIKE Jenkins) is because Malcolm plays very little man coverage, which is a pretty important thing to our D... Mike on the other hand played it predominantly...

It's hard to judge guys when they're playing a completely different scheme...

I ain't sold on Jenkins. That was the first time I've seen him play, and he did not really look dominant to me. He got beat on the TD, although I agree it was a good play design and good throw, but Flynn and Lafell, ain't Brady and Moss either. If he runs in the 4.3 to low 4.4 range then I would have no problem taking him at 10, but I would rather Lil Animal, Dorsey or Ellis. Lil Animal played a good game. His name was called a lot, although I didn't realize he had that may tackles. Also he had to split out to cover slot receivers from time to time, and he did pretty well with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom