The Big Picture - Win at Home and We Are in Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Nemo

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Yesterday's game was painful to watch, in that the Saints, for the most part, gave the game away. Sure, Parker had a pair of great runs, but if the Saints don't turn the ball over three times, the Saints win the game pure and simple - if Bush does not fumble and we go up on the Steelers by 14, the runs probably don't happen due to the Steelers being in catch up mode.

Our offense (other than the turnovers) looked very good, and if we can get into the playoffs with a healthy unit, anything can happen (even a wildcard can get hot and win it all - just ask the Steelers). Bush appears to be learning not to bounce every run outside, Colston is unstoppable and when Horn gets back in he should have a field day. Our weaknesses on D are obvious (non-existent LB play on the perimeter, pitiful play from our CBs overall), but we do have a pass rush and can stop the run up the middle.

The key for this team is to win their four remaining home games - the Bengals, 9ers, Redskins and Panthers are all beatable teams. If we don't turn the ball over and play with intensity, there is no reason we cannot win all 4 of these games. Win those and we are 10-6 and have a great shot at winning the division.

The remaining road schedule, however, is very tough - Falcons, Giants and Cowboys. All three are likely playoff teams. For each game we drop at home we need to steal one of these on the road, which won't be easy. Win our 4 home games and steal just one of these on the road and we are 11-5 and likely have a 1st week bye in the playoffs.

Cincy is an absolute "must win" - the same could be said for every game, but there is a reason Vegas spots 3 points for the home team and we need to take advantage of this factor. We are coming off a tough loss, their D looks to be a soft as ours (they could not hold a 21 point lead) and their key RB is more of a between the tackles runner, who I think we can stop.

Circle the wagons and win at home - that is our key.

I'm glad Cincy lost the way they did to SD. Seemed to break their hearts a little more and maybe just sealed their season but we'll see. They could very well be even more PO'd and take it out on us. Regardless I agree that we HAVE to win against Cincy and get AT LEAST 3 more wins to have a playoff spot secured. Should be a shootout this Sunday.

The remaining road schedule, however, is very tough - Falcons, Giants and Cowboys. All three are likely playoff teams. For each game we drop at home we need to steal one of these on the road, which won't be easy. Win our 4 home games and steal just one of these on the road and we are 11-5 and likely have a 1st week bye in the playoffs.

I definetly think the Falcons are beatable and if we can secure those four home wins that puts us at 11-5. But I disagree that we will recieve a bye for that record because with Shaun Alexander and Hasselbeck healthy, I just dont see how Seattle doesnt go at least 12-4 with their remaining schedule. The two tough remaining games for them are SD and Denver, I believe that they will lose to SD and defeat Denver.

So This is how I would see the NFC playing out right now.

Chicago 14-2
Seattle 12-4
NYG 11-5
Saints 11-5
Falcons 10-6
Eagles or Cowboys 9-7

so we would face Atl in the first round, beat them, go to Chicago in the divisional round, hopefully beat them as long as we are healthy and limit mistakes, then its probably onto Seattle for the NFC title game. Who knows from there.

three wins gets us in the way our division looks right now. Atlanta is falling apart, Carolina is the only threat, but they are so far back it'll be tough. Carolina is also a Steve Smith injury away from losing out. I thought Pitt. was a huge swing game for us, coulda went either way. Now the remaining swing games are: Cinci, Atl, Giants, Cowboys. Must wins are Washington, San. Fran, Carolina. So worst case we go 3-4 in remaining games. Finish 9-7. Thats worst case. The biggest two remaining games will be Dallas and Giants because both of those games may play a role in tiebreakers for playoff seeding. I think we win 4 of 7 for sure, probably 5 of 7. I'm iffy on the Giants game....gonna be tough.

The key for this team is to win their four remaining home games - the Bengals, 9ers, Redskins and Panthers are all beatable teams. If we don't turn the ball over and play with intensity, there is no reason we cannot win all 4 of these games. Win those and we are 10-6 and have a great shot at winning the division.

...Circle the wagons and win at home - that is our key.

I totally agree!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom