The black and gold and ivory (1 Viewer)

Ivory needs to learn how to protect himself when he runs.

I like his style, but he can only take so much of that before he starts breaking down.
He seems really raw.
But has huge potential.

I think Ivory can be a beast on screens too (see preseason vs Chargers) but he needs to be on the field during passing downs which he is not yet.

anybody else besides me start Ivory in fantasy football Thursday???

Dude, I am still kicking myself in the *** for not doing so. I was supposed to bench Fred Jackson this week for Ivory, actually thought I did and when I checked the updates... :no:

Such an idiot...

I think Ivory can be a beast on screens too (see preseason vs Chargers) but he needs to be on the field during passing downs which he is not yet.

yea, and it's funny because in the regular season, I haven't seen many screens called his way. Ivory just needs to prove that he has good hands in those situations, and can sell the pass protection. The Saints offensive line has done well in the past by getting their momentum going downfield and throwing blocks. I would definately like to see Ivory get his number called more for screens.

I doubt we'd keep a player just for screen purposes only and I'm sure Pierre wouldn't wanna be re-signed just to be a screen play RB. We've been winning without doing screens so I don't get why people keep mentioning that when arguing as to why Pierre should be re-signed or him being better.

Not taking anything away from Pierre, but Reggie's just as good on screens. If running screens is the only reason why you all think Pierre will be re-signed, then his replacement for that is already on the roster.

PT isn't just the best screen running RB on this team, he's probably the best in the entire NFL at it! He's also a very good RB in his own right... he's got sneaky speed, great vision, balance, and sneaky power as well...

Another thing that most people overlook almost every time they discuss PT, is the fact that he's easily the best kick-returner on our roster! I believe that is also a big reason he is so good at the screens... He's great at seeing where the blocking is setting up and reading the lanes...

If we could get PT re-signed, and Ivory could continue to develop and take over as the primary between the tackles RB... Reggie could stay in the same role as the "factor back", and PT could become an outstanding change-of-pace/3rd down RB/rotational RB... as well as our main KR. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Only problem with Ivory is he is always getting nicked up in a game. He runs so violently!!

yea, and it's funny because in the regular season, I haven't seen many screens called his way. Ivory just needs to prove that he has good hands in those situations, and can sell the pass protection. The Saints offensive line has done well in the past by getting their momentum going downfield and throwing blocks. I would definately like to see Ivory get his number called more for screens.

What do you mean "get his number number called more for screens"? The Saints have NEVER tried to set up the screen for Ivory... In fact, they've only thrown him 1 pass during the regular season this year!... and it went for 17yds on a swing pass vs. Tampa.

What do you mean "get his number number called more for screens"? The Saints have NEVER tried to set up the screen for Ivory... In fact, they've only thrown him 1 pass during the regular season this year!... and it went for 17yds on a swing pass vs. Tampa.

really? I couldn't remember any screen to Ivory this season, but I'm still surprised that he has not been given one opportunity for a screen. It was such a huge part of the game plan last season with PT in the rotation. I wonder if that change has more to do with Reggie and PT being injured or just mixing up the game plan. I don't think it's a matter of knowing the playbook since you say Ivory hasn't been given even one screen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom