The Blitz and D-Line Will The Key To Winning This Game (1 Viewer)

jojo223

Earn It!!!
Reaction score
With 3 of their 5 O-lineman out, we should be blitzing on almost every down. Their run block timing will be off and its gonna be hard for them to pick up blitz after blitz. The D must get us this victory, because the offense is gonna do their job, sans turnovers.

actually with 3 of their 5 starting lineman out we should be dropping more in coverage and be getting alot more pressure with our defensive line.

if we can get pressure with the front 4 and have the other 6 in coverage, should be a very interesting evening.

actually with 3 of their 5 starting lineman out we should be dropping more in coverage and be getting alot more pressure with our defensive line.

if we can get pressure with the front 4 and have the other 6 in coverage, should be a very interesting evening.

I believe, normally, that would be the idea. Theory is, if you can get pressure with 4, don't bring more.

But I also believe Cinncy will try to run the ball an awful lot. Young linemen typically have an easier time run-blocking then pass-blocking, so in order to protect their o-line (and their defense) they'll run Perry and Johnson a lot.

We'll see early on what the theory should be... If we do cause a lot of problems with the 4 DLs, then we won't need to, but if we're not knocking Palmer around quickly we need to start bringing blitzes to try to confuse them...

No question about this ... getting pressure on Palmer is the key to victory. I don't care if we get it with 4 or with blitzes ... we can't let him drop back and let it fly. Our corners are no match for their receivers. Time for Will Smith to bust out!

Do.... not.... blitz... Palmer....

Its not Palmer so much as I'm concerned about our secondary. Chad and Housh can destroy our starting corners... but with Chris Henry as their 3rd WR I'm afraid for Craft's life out there.

If we blitz that means man to man... I say it again... Do.... not.... blitz... Palmer....

Lets just hope our D-line comes to play ball Sunday...

If we don't get pressure we'll lose. Because of his injury if you get pressure on Carson he throws off his backfoot and we all know what happens when QB's do that.

The effectiveness of the offense is going to be the key to every game this year. Although the defense has played far above expectations, the offense needs to be efficient and flawless. If the offense can get ahead, then the defense can make the Bengals' offense more one-dimensional.

This defense isn't good enough to dominate. They can't even intercept a pass thrown right into their hands. But they play disciplined defense, and that goes a long way. So to me, blitzing a lot would seem to be a high risk, low reward strategy. That said, the coaches are the ones who have studied the film, so I'll defer to their judgment.

Do.... not.... blitz... Palmer....

Its not Palmer so much as I'm concerned about our secondary. Chad and Housh can destroy our starting corners... but with Chris Henry as their 3rd WR I'm afraid for Craft's life out there.

If we blitz that means man to man... I say it again... Do.... not.... blitz... Palmer....

Lets just hope our D-line comes to play ball Sunday...

Exactly!
Palmer has been blitzed all year, and has 707 yards and 6 TD's against it.
That said, they will show blitz much of the game and may actually do it to make it credible.
If you can bait him with what he thinks is a hot read, it may be decent pick.
Getting pressure from the front four is key, and Palmer has fared much worse against pressure than the blitz.
The front four are going to have to have a great game, and the offense needs to have some long drives that end with TDs.

I tend to agree with this assessment in the beginning of the game. We need to see if we can get away with just bringing four. If so, it could be a long day for Palmer.

Also, I have a feeling Reggie will have a monster game.
So do a lot of other people, Mr. Paul Caruso. Unfortunately, many say that every week but I also have that same feeling about tomorrow.

BTW, I love your avatar!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom