The boss is back...."- Mike D's column (1 Viewer)

Funny, I just made a comment about this in another thread.

If Goodell wants to finally put the “BountyGate” issue to bed he should give back the Saints second-round pick in 2013 that was stripped from the team.

Anyone else singing the title of this thread over and over in Elton John's voice?

didn't finish the article, didn't agree with the love for blanco or goodell, both have done as much bad for NOLA as good.

The draft pick is Goodell's last piece of leverage against anyone speaking poorly of the shield durinSuper Bowl week. If everyone behaves this week I expect that we get the pick back on exchange for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

He also touched on the defense, thinks Bunkley is the man for the job at NT and thinks we still need 1 more elite pass rushing OLB.

I don't get the lack of love for Bunkley at NT here on SR. He was a great NT in Denver in a 3-4, if anything he should be hyped to have a big season.

Great article. Mike D says we have the pieces in place already. We just need some good depth (like everyone else), a good pass rushing LB, and a ball-hawking safety. So we're there, just a couple more pieces to the puzzle.

The talent to be a middle of the pack defense is there. The key to it is if someone can get our FS to learn his game and anticipate angles and placement to get ints. Our corners went from decent to terrible so that I put on Spags. I don't think we have to have a dominant defense to win the Super Bowl. Just have to get back to solid.

didn't finish the article, didn't agree with the love for blanco or goodell, both have done as much bad for NOLA as good.
Well, we wouldn't want to fill your head with differing opinions would we? Some of them might actually stick.

I don't get the lack of love for Bunkley at NT here on SR. He was a great NT in Denver in a 3-4, if anything he should be hyped to have a big season.

I thought he played in a 4-3 there? Just asking, i can't recall honestly
That's what I don't get. I hear a bunch of people saying that Bunkley played NT in a 3-4 in Denver - the problem is, he was only there for one year, the year John Fox and Dennis Allen came. Both of those guys have a base 4-3 background. I know the were multiple and I can recall seeing Bunkley at 0-tech at times (I think), but I don't know if I buy the base 3-4 argument.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom