The boss is back...."- Mike D's column (1 Viewer)

The draft pick is Goodell's last piece of leverage against anyone speaking poorly of the shield durinSuper Bowl week. If everyone behaves this week I expect that we get the pick back on exchange for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

If you have to bribe someone to say nice things about you, or blackmail them to remain silent, well THAT just speaks to one's character all by itself, doesn't it?!!!

That's what I don't get. I hear a bunch of people saying that Bunkley played NT in a 3-4 in Denver - the problem is, he was only there for one year, the year John Fox and Dennis Allen came. Both of those guys have a base 4-3 background. I know the were multiple and I can recall seeing Bunkley at 0-tech at times (I think), but I don't know if I buy the base 3-4 argument.
Coming out of college it was widely accepted that he was a good fit in either defense. He played NT at FSU his senior year I think. He's strong as hell, moves very well for a guy that weighs 300 lbs and has great hands. He doesn't really have pass rushing moves. He's always been a guy who clogs up he middle and can find the ball in traffic.

His biggest questions have been his work ethic and a lack of bulk. I think his lack of bulk is mitigated by his quick recognition and stout base.

Someone to coach up the DBs and better talent at the safety position will be a very big part to getting the defense on track.

Remember folks. It depends on what tye of 3/4 the Saints decide to play. If they play a 1 gap 3/4 where the NT plays more of 1 tech and lines up slightly off of the center on either shoulder, Bunkley is well suited. If the Saints want him to disrupt the off line flow by getting a yard or tow into the backfield then he is good for that too. The NT does not always have to be a two gap, but the Saints may use that package occasionally too. Therefore, the may find a big man who could be used in certain two gap packages such as in the red zone. The 3/4 is more flexible in this sense than the 4/3.

Coming out of college it was widely accepted that he was a good fit in either defense. He played NT at FSU his senior year I think. He's strong as hell, moves very well for a guy that weighs 300 lbs and has great hands. He doesn't really have pass rushing moves. He's always been a guy who clogs up he middle and can find the ball in traffic.

His biggest questions have been his work ethic and a lack of bulk. I think his lack of bulk is mitigated by his quick recognition and stout base.
Oh, I have no questions about Bunkley as it stands right now. He's a hard worker, serious bout what he does, and strong as a bull. He definitely could play NT if the right 3-4 scheme, I just don't know where the talk of him playing in a 3-4 base came from.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom