The Boxed wine thread..... (1 Viewer)

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok well I have to admit it.. I consume about 4x more wine than beer ... and my latest favorite is Franzia Cabernet Sauvignon.... I know its a boxed wine but I think it is better than a lot of more expensive wines.... I had some crap with a Kangaroo on it the other day and though it was much more expensive... I prefer the Franzia!! I am no wine expert but if you like wine and have a preconception about boxed wine.. give Franzia a try... it might suprise you!!

Dude, I love Franzia! I drink it in a frosty beer mug when I'm not drinking beer. The white zin is good, also chillable red is like kool-aid. Dont be ashamed, its yummy.

I'm not wild about Franzia, but I do like the Black Box wines, and I recently had a different
brand that I can't remember right now, but it was also very good. I like the boxes because I don't drink much during the school year, and it stays longer in the box.

A lot of people laugh about boxed wine, but it's pretty practical, especially if you don't finish off a bottle in one sitting. It holds well, and no air gets into the box/bag. I'm a chardonnay man, but rarely drink wine. Mainly just Christmas.

I would say your crap with a kangaroo on it was Yellow Tail.

As far as boxed wine, we used to do box wine races in school. Teams of two, one male one female. First team to finish wins. Puking is an automatic disqualification.

For what its worth, I'd say Franzia is pretty nasty, but that is the great thing about wine. Its what you like not what everyone else likes.

I would say your crap with a kangaroo on it was Yellow Tail.

As far as boxed wine, we used to do box wine races in school. Teams of two, one male one female. First team to finish wins. Puking is an automatic disqualification.

For what its worth, I'd say Franzia is pretty nasty, but that is the great thing about wine. Its what you like not what everyone else likes.

Yes it was Yellow Tail... I found the after taste too sour and bitter.... Wine box races at our next tailgate!!!

I got naked and past out last time I drank wine from a box. No thanks.

Okay well maybe if the mood is right.

I know you can't judge a book or wine by it's cover or it's price. The thing I have against box wine is the plastic lining. That HAS to change the flavor, right?

.......... I dont understand....... is getting drunk and naked a bad thing???....

When your friends parents have to dress you, its not really a good thing.

Im not much of a wine guy anyway. Id rather whiskey, vodka or beer.

Whoever rated this thread 5 stars must like stupid threads. Anyone who drinks boxed wines is poor, cheap or doesn't know any better. I dated a chick who drank white zins. :covri:

I recommend you start a cheap American beer swill thread and get all the McPosters to join in on that one too. :17:

TPS

I know you can't judge a book or wine by it's cover or it's price. The thing I have against box wine is the plastic lining. That HAS to change the flavor, right?

I'm not sure bro, but it keeps the air out, that's a good thing. Besides I think it's mylar, not plastic.

Whoever rated this thread 5 stars must like stupid threads. Anyone who drinks boxed wines is poor, cheap or doesn't know any better. I dated a chick who drank white zins. :covri:

I recommend you start a cheap American beer swill thread and get all the McPosters to join in on that one too. :17:

TPS

Without elitists, there would be no commoners. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom