'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (2 Viewers)

I'm not sure if this is considered a political post but do you think the obvious parallels drawn between the psychopathic Homelander with his possibly equally psychopathic fanbase and the far right with Qanon and the like turned off a large percentage of people who fall into that political group? Or do you think they admire this portrayal?

Random thoughts:

Getting a glimpse into Black Noire's delusional and psychotic mind was interesting. The thought that the beating that Soldier Boy have him was so severe that it destroyed his mind was something else.

Homelander killing him was not surprising but, I wished they'd taken a different route.

Where the heck is Stan?

Homelander gouging Maeve's eye out was awful.

So Maeve survived Soldier Boy having a herogasm at point blank range while plummeting from a skyscraper... makes me think that he wouldn't have been able to kill Homelander.

Butcher deciding to turn on Soldier Boy to protect his ex's son, I THOUGHT might have been a bad decision, and it might still be because that boy is looking like a psychopath in training, but given my previous point, Homelander probably would have survived anyway and maybe the boy would have as well.

This is a great show, but I do think there's only one season left, they are widdling down all of the original cast with these killings. I mean, they could create totally new story lines with different characters but it will feel like a different show, it won't have that same feeling. Like when the Wayans and Jim Carrey left In Loving Color, it was technically the same show but in reality it just wasn't.

I wasn't really buying A-Trains brother being that upset at him killing Blue Beetle. I mean I get it to a degree but here's a guy that been fighting the good fight for fair treatment of his people and here's a racist "superhero" who's been abusing minorites and actually paralyzed this dude at a PR opportunity. He might be upset at his brother but I doubt to that degree. Yes yes yes someone will dispute this point, but as a man of color living in this country, given my experiences, I just don't buy it.

Maeve loses an eye from a simple thumb but survives a nuclear explosion and a fall from a high rise. It seems inconsistent but I was glad to see that she made it.

What's the deal with Frenchie's murderous femme fatale not being able to speak but a few episodes back she could actually sing a song? Or am I confusing her with someone else?

Anyway, again I love the show.
There's nothing simple about a Homelander thumb to the eye.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom