'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (1 Viewer)

So, let's evaluate the next scene with Homelander and Stan in it. This is where Stan comes to the meeting room and sends them after the Super Terrorist... I mean, Super Villian. I think to get the full picture you have to look at both interactions.

Look at what Homelander did there. He clearly wasn't scared of Stan. Instead, he put Stan in his place by getting the team to follow him and telling them Stan wasn't part of their team/family. The team promptly blew Stan off, even after Stan warned them to consider what they were doing, and followed Homelander. He showed he was the alpha dog by showing Stan that The 7 were his, not Vaughts. That is yet another example of the complexity of Homelander. He doesn't want to show you he's stronger physically, he wants to show you he's in control. Killing or hurting Stan wouldn't accomplish that. Stan thinks he controls Homelander because he controls Vaught. Homelander showed him he doesn't control anything.

I'll actually be disappointed if they turn this physical. They aren't physical rivals, they are rivals for control. Homelander chooses his battlefield. If you're Butcher he's going to show you your wife then take her away again and prove you can't do anything about it. If you're a super he's going to box your ears and show you're really nothing but a cripple. If you're the CEO of a corporation that thinks you control him because of the knowledge you have he's going to show you that you really have no control over anything. Even with Starlight, he wanted to show her he was in control of her and if she didn't do what she was told he'd kill her and Hughie. He wanted to make her kill him to show he was in control.

He's got layers, like an onion.

Each one crazier than the last.

Now to rewatch 2.1 2.2 and 2.3 again tonight tomorrow and Friday.

(Edit: 1 per day that is)

Do y'all know how the release schedule is working? I know the first drop was 3 episodes, but is it 3 per week, or just one per week from now on? Or something else.?

I've been lurking in this thread the last couple of days and I think I'm moving this up to first in my viewing list. Probably start on Monday. From what I'm reading, sounds like a show worth watching.

Do y'all know how the release schedule is working? I know the first drop was 3 episodes, but is it 3 per week, or just one per week from now on? Or something else.?

It's 1 per week. They just did the initial week as the first 3 episodes.

I just finished episode 4. What a great episode of a great show. They deliver over and over.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in revisiting the discussion on Homelander's behavior and motivations after everyone has seen this episode. I think this one really made things even more clear, and disturbing.

Season 2 is starting strong.

Starlight looks like she gained 10-15 pounds... and... is even hotter...

I'm pretty sure that Dean Big Brother Almighty has powers, knows that he can kick Homelander's arse and Homelander has no clue about Stan's ability. That first conversation in Stan's office was a dead give away to me cause he showed no fear and immense confidence. He even began to slowly remove his suit jacket in case thing escalated a la another past character of Giancarlo's past.

I kept expecting Stan to break out a black lightsaber.

I'm pretty sure that Dean Big Brother Almighty has powers, knows that he can kick Homelander's arse and Homelander has no clue about Stan's ability. That first conversation in Stan's office was a dead give away to me cause he showed no fear and immense confidence. He even began to slowly remove his suit jacket in case thing escalated a la another past character of Giancarlo's past.

Personally I think a "kill switch' is more likely. I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't one. I wouldn't allow my creation to exceed me in abiliy, without having an ability to shut them down if they started getting bright ideas.

8718488e7aabac956830cd3b80d8f72e.gif

Just saw episode 4... man I think we are about to see an entirely different Homelander.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom