'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (3 Viewers)

They seem to be indicating that Stormfront absorbs powers, so unlikely she is defeated by a super (Hughie?)
And if they’re playing with the meta of racism, she won’t get defeated, just lose some power and go dormant for a few years
But they’re at the point now where they have to move her story along - her saying crappy things while smiling and sipping a straw is about to wear thin

does Butcher have powers? Last 2 episodes it seems like that’s where they’re going with him

They seem to be indicating that Stormfront absorbs powers, so unlikely she is defeated by a super (Hughie?)
And if they’re playing with the meta of racism, she won’t get defeated, just lose some power and go dormant for a few years
But they’re at the point now where they have to move her story along - her saying crappy things while smiling and sipping a straw is about to wear thin

does Butcher have powers? Last 2 episodes it seems like that’s where they’re going with him

What a great observation about her going dormant for a few years then reappearing. I hadn't even caught on to that but even the idea that they move her around constantly trying to hide her fits the metaphor.

I think they are progressing her well. Just last episode we found out about her background and this episode is the first time she showed anything subtle. I suspect next episode she'll go full David Duke on someone. They may even be hinting at a little good genes Racehorse theory stuff with her and Homelander.

What a great observation about her going dormant for a few years then reappearing. I hadn't even caught on to that but even the idea that they move her around constantly trying to hide her fits the metaphor.

I think they are progressing her well. Just last episode we found out about her background and this episode is the first time she showed anything subtle. I suspect next episode she'll go full David Duke on someone. They may even be hinting at a little good genes Racehorse theory stuff with her and Homelander.
Well that seemed to be the unambiguous subtext of her ‘garbage people’ line to A Train
Seems like Maeve is starting to assemble to the garbage squad to go up against the RACEhorses
But when The Boys shows it’s hand like that, it feels like a setup

To me, this episode spelled out HL's mental problems. Falcone (don't remember his character's name in this, sorry) basically laid it out for us when he told HL he should been given to a family instead of being raised like a lab rat.
HL desperately needs love and affection, the thing he never received at any point in his childhood. Because of that, he is completely self-absorbed, has no empathy for others, and seeks worship from the masses because he doesn't even have a concept of what his mental and physical attentive needs truly are. As such, he is amoral rather than immoral: he doesn't believe there is a right or wrong, certainly not that applies to him. If someone does something that pleases him, it's right; if it's something that doesn't please him, it's wrong. All of this stems from his lack of any love given him as a child.
Interesting to note that's almost the text-book definition of a G-d complex:
"Narcissistic Personality Disorder, the proper term for someone who has a "G-d Complex" is a rare mental disorder characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, entitlement, a deep need for admiration, and an alarming lack of empathy for other people."

Stormfront isn't much different, except that she's smarter than he is. HL isn't very bright, which is why some people can play him so easily despite his daunting powers.
LOL. This is EXACTLY my point. You nailed it, yet SOMEHOW I am WAAAAAAAAY off base in my assessment. LOL. I agree wholeheartedly.

Good write up. And it's really interesting your distinction between immoral and amoral. Good eye.

LOL. This is EXACTLY my point. You nailed it, yet SOMEHOW I am WAAAAAAAAY off base in my assessment. LOL. I agree wholeheartedly.

Good write up. And it's really interesting your distinction between immoral and amoral. Good eye.

Honestly, the only major contention about your take is the idea that Homelander would have immediately executed Stan for daring to challenge him and it was a plot hole that he didn't. The rest is just a nuanced conversation about the degree of his god complex.

Honestly, the only major contention about your take is the idea that Homelander would have immediately executed Stan for daring to challenge him and it was a plot hole that he didn't. The rest is just a nuanced conversation about the degree of his god complex.
Actually, the first argument was that he DIDN'T have one when I posited that he did, then once that was established that he did, the goal post was then moved to how MUCH of a God complex. Because the fact that he had one was WHY I said that scene didn't make sense, to ME. Then it devolved into personal attacks about my posting style, since apparently my position turned out to be correct. LOL
Yeah, I already said he's childish but it is interesting that you think he THINKS he's good. I don't think he thinks he's good or evil. I think he thinks he's a god, therefore whatever he decides is divine; meaning it it's what it is and because he did it, it's fine. He only ever does what he wants EXCEPT when other people are looking; so to a large extent, appearances matter to him. I believe in season 1, if there was a live feed on that plane that was crashing, he would have made a genuine effort to save as many as he could but because he knew there were gonna be no survivors he literally couldn't care less.

He's impulsive, he maimed the blind hero and he wasn't even really mad. He did it in order to prove a point. I mean he violently busted my man's eardrums and his heart rate probably didn't even rise 1 beat up. And Stan INFURIATED him; an inferior speaking to him in that manner and this childish impulsive violent malignantly narcissistic sociopath did nothing? I don't buy it.
I just don't see a full god complex. ....

I think you are way over playing the idea that he has a god complex.

And I really have no interest in going back and forth, it's just my take on it. I mean I don't mind it, it's just interesting when I say something, it's almost immediately dismissed but someone else says tantamount the EXACT SAME thing and it's NOW valid. LOLOL.

Almost like he believes he's 'beyond good and evil'. I know I've read that somewhere before... ;)

That is a very good take, man. I hadn't even thought about it. And her being basically the meta version of racism and how she is CONSTANTLY playing the plausible deniability card...saying stuff that she KNOWS is insulting like when she was talking with A-Train and called people trash, knowing full well she meant POC..

But I would not be surprised if she has a major comeuppance, like MAJOR. But to your point, racism can never truly be defeated, so her losing some power and going dormant makes so much more sense.

I'm surprised Edgar didn't call Billy's bluff.
"Go ahead, send the photos. I guarantee your wife won't tell anyone she was raped. The public will believe what we tell them to believe."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom