'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (5 Viewers)

I'm surprised Edgar didn't call Billy's bluff.
"Go ahead, send the photos. I guarantee your wife won't tell anyone she was raped. The public will believe what we tell them to believe."
Yup, seems like the type of thing it would be impossible to have truly damning pictures of. And this is a company who has perfected counterintelligence and propaganda. He would have told Butcher to pound sand.

Something clicked about HL
He cant be beat conventionally- but he showed how he can be beat. Have the public turn against him. He’s shown how much he needs love. (This ones for you SFiLA) like any god what HL needs more than anything is believers
I think Vought and Stormfront have orchestrated this, hitting all of HL’s pressure points until he made a mistake like this (it was only a matter of time)
Now he’s going from PR managed steady drip of believer drug to mainlining this much more powerful immediate social media drug
At the right moment, Stormfront is going to take that drug away and HL’s withdrawals are going to be a doozy

Last edited:
Yup, seems like the type of thing it would be impossible to have truly damning pictures of. And this is a company who has perfected counterintelligence and propaganda. He would have told Butcher to pound sand.

They may have been more apt to take that approach at a different time. They were already dealing with the Compound V leak, HL’s collateral damage video and the protests outside the tower. They probably don’t need another front to fight a PR battle on.

They may have been more apt to take that approach at a different time. They were already dealing with the Compound V leak, HL’s collateral damage video and the protests outside the tower. They probably don’t need another front to fight a PR battle on.
On maybe this is exactly what Vought wants - provoking Butcher to go back and get the evidence against HL

On maybe this is exactly what Vought wants - provoking Butcher to go back and get the evidence against HL

To what end though? They already have all the evidence. If they wanted to leak it they could. Why would they want Butcher to go back and get more evidence?

I'm caught up on the show and did so before I ventured into this thread. I like the show, but not as pumped about it as my SR.com brethren. Then reading the thread brought to light some subtleties that I missed. So, I rewatched the second season and now I get it. The storyline is much deeper than I originally realized. Now I'm hooked. I started noticing some of the hints you've been catching. I watch most shows, now, with closed caption because I catch all of the dialogue accurately. Problem is, you miss a lot of the facial expressions and nuances in the acting. A rewatch helps.

Patton Oswald voicing Deep's gills was great. Especially when they broke into "You Are So Beautiful" singing.

Has Homelander ever appeared in civilian clothes or always in his super suit? The other supes you see their "human" side, but not HL.

Has Homelander ever appeared in civilian clothes or always in his super suit?

Not that I recall. He’s basically been fully uniformed up in his sex scenes as well.

Edit: Since I thought of it as soon as I hit send. That would actually track since his supe-ness seems to be his total identity. The others have something resembling outside lives, but for HL it’s all he is. Would also feed into why he cares so much about approval ratings.

I stay up until midnight to be able to watch the episode as soon as it's released. I have a 6 AM meeting on Fridays so it makes for a long day, but so worth it!

I usually don't get around to watching the latest episode until a few days later. Thank you everyone for spoiling all the new episodes for me!

Mmmmmooooorrrrrreeeee!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom