'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (2 Viewers)

At first I thought it was fake - she knows the best way to control him is to appear subservient to him.

But then she had the whole backstory thing, and it may be reverence for his “perfection”

That's how I took it, too. It's basically a Nazi meeting the perfect man.

At first I thought it was fake - she knows the best way to control him is to appear subservient to him.

But then she had the whole backstory thing, and it may be reverence for his “perfection”
but it's not like she learned anything - she knew all of this before
the only thing i can figure it Annie learning about Liberty ha made StormFront drop the veneer??

i still don't understand the tonal shift, but like i said, The Boys is pretty good at purposefully leaving a plot thread dangling just to tie it up later

She's a true believer so I think she genuinely reveres Homelander as the aryan superman she and her late husband were hoping to create.

She's a true believer so I think she genuinely reveres Homelander as the aryan superman she and her late husband were hoping to create.

She still wants to manipulate him, though.
I'm thinking Sinead O'Crazy might be the one who can take out Homelander and/or Stormfront.

I'm thinking Sinead O'Crazy might be the one who can take out Homelander and/or Stormfront.
I almost hit that bait, but I don’t think the climax will be about powers
supe v supe doesn’t seem to be what they’re going after
they did a lot of early season seed planting with HL’s son and with Giancarlo, then sprinkled in some Q rating stuff - the finale is in there somewhere
I think Team Castoffs is a red herring

I was wondering if they were going to take Hughie down the same path they do in the comics, particularly after he got injured like he did. I'm not sure I'd like that, but they could do some interesting things with the change in dynamics.

That's how I took it, too. It's basically a Nazi meeting the perfect man.

Well, he is essentially Superman which was likely based on the Nietzscean conception of the Uber Mench which the Nazis latched onto. So it really fits together seamlessly.

Had Superman not come around shortly before the U.S. entered WW II, I wonder how much more of a Nazi he would have been?

Seems like it. Lamp Lighter was afraid of her and Stormfront even snuck up on her but couldn't kill her.

One thing I was considering last night.

Stormfront can not be happy about a brown man running the company, and Stan must know her real history and attitudes. Is she playing Stan or is Stan playing her? No way she would accept his leadership and no way he would think she does.

One thing I was considering last night.

Stormfront can not be happy about a brown man running the company, and Stan must know her real history and attitudes. Is she playing Stan or is Stan playing her? No way she would accept his leadership and no way he would think she does.

I'd have to go back and look, but I think the only 'patient' who wasn't obviously white was Acid Reflux guy. Sage Grove may have an ulterior agenda Mr Edgar doesn't know about.
They tested V on adult brown and yellow people...while it was still a crapshoot as to which card you'd draw. Once they got it fairly well dialed in, they started with white folk.

Well, he is essentially Superman which was likely based on the Nietzscean conception of the Uber Mench which the Nazis latched onto. So it really fits together seamlessly.

Had Superman not come around shortly before the U.S. entered WW II, I wonder how much more of a Nazi he would have been?

I doubt the Superman comic ever would have existed had it not started before WWII. There might have been a hero created basically like him, but he'd never have been given that name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom