'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (4 Viewers)

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Looks like it should be fun after seeing what Seth Rogen did w/ Preacher...

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/17/18412315/the-boys-trailer-amazon-prime

The first trailer for Amazon’s The Boys showcases the upcoming series’ violence and sexuality. These heroes aren’t going to save the world anytime soon.

Based on the Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson comic book series of the same name, The Boys takes place in a world where superheroes exist — but because of their high-profile celebrity status, most of the world’s superheroes, particularly an elite group known as “The Seven,” are corrupt and reckless. Thus, a secret CIA task force known as “The Boys” is in charge of policing superhero behavior, something they must do without any super powers.

A film version of The Boys was optioned in 2008, but by 2013, the project was canceled. The Amazon series will be its first on-screen adaptation, and is produced by the team behind Sausage Party (Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg) and the creator of Supernatural (Eric Kripke). Starring Karl Urban as Billy Butcher, Elizabeth Shue as Madelyn Stillwall, and Karen Fukuhara as The Female, The Boys premieres on Amazon on July 26.
NSFW trailer #3:

Last edited:

Bronson

used to be 6 foot 4
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how she accomplished this in the courtroom. Seems her eyes change when she uses her power.
The other thing that slightly pulled me out of the moment is SF suddenly not exploding everyone with her powers, especially MM when she had the chance

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out how she accomplished this in the courtroom. Seems her eyes change when she uses her power.
I went back and looked at the scene in Congress and her eyes were definitely normal at the start of it happening. They showed her eyes when heads started exploding and they were normal. Maybe that only happens if she can't actually see the person so she has to exert herself?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom