'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Looks like it should be fun after seeing what Seth Rogen did w/ Preacher...

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/17/18412315/the-boys-trailer-amazon-prime

The first trailer for Amazon’s The Boys showcases the upcoming series’ violence and sexuality. These heroes aren’t going to save the world anytime soon.

Based on the Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson comic book series of the same name, The Boys takes place in a world where superheroes exist — but because of their high-profile celebrity status, most of the world’s superheroes, particularly an elite group known as “The Seven,” are corrupt and reckless. Thus, a secret CIA task force known as “The Boys” is in charge of policing superhero behavior, something they must do without any super powers.

A film version of The Boys was optioned in 2008, but by 2013, the project was canceled. The Amazon series will be its first on-screen adaptation, and is produced by the team behind Sausage Party (Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg) and the creator of Supernatural (Eric Kripke). Starring Karl Urban as Billy Butcher, Elizabeth Shue as Madelyn Stillwall, and Karen Fukuhara as The Female, The Boys premieres on Amazon on July 26.
NSFW trailer #3:

Last edited:

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Next season is going to be taking shots at left wing populism instead of taking shots at right wing populism like they did this season. That would be the most interesting direction for them to go to IMO. The other option is to make her a right wing plant in the left wing populist movement, but that would be far less interesting to me.
agreed on both

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Next season is going to be taking shots at left wing populism instead of taking shots at right wing populism like they did this season. That would be the most interesting direction for them to go to IMO. The other option is to make her a right wing plant in the left wing populist movement, but that would be far less interesting to me.

I absolutely want to see a season where Supes are presented in the role of the 1%.

"Why is it Homelander can fly anywhere he wants to go for free, but the bottom 99% have to buy a plane ticket? Flying is a right, not a privilege!"

Would the season then be about trying to make Compound V free for anyone who wants it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Chargers Series History SR News Page Articles 0