'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Looks like it should be fun after seeing what Seth Rogen did w/ Preacher...

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/17/18412315/the-boys-trailer-amazon-prime

The first trailer for Amazon’s The Boys showcases the upcoming series’ violence and sexuality. These heroes aren’t going to save the world anytime soon.

Based on the Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson comic book series of the same name, The Boys takes place in a world where superheroes exist — but because of their high-profile celebrity status, most of the world’s superheroes, particularly an elite group known as “The Seven,” are corrupt and reckless. Thus, a secret CIA task force known as “The Boys” is in charge of policing superhero behavior, something they must do without any super powers.

A film version of The Boys was optioned in 2008, but by 2013, the project was canceled. The Amazon series will be its first on-screen adaptation, and is produced by the team behind Sausage Party (Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg) and the creator of Supernatural (Eric Kripke). Starring Karl Urban as Billy Butcher, Elizabeth Shue as Madelyn Stillwall, and Karen Fukuhara as The Female, The Boys premieres on Amazon on July 26.
NSFW trailer #3:

Last edited:

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, so I've ventured into this thread a time or two. Is this show really that terrific? Everyone is gushing about it, so there must be some truth to it. I guess I should carve out some time soon to watch.

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, so I've ventured into this thread a time or two. Is this show really that terrific? Everyone is gushing about it, so there must be some truth to it. I guess I should carve out some time soon to watch.
Best series I have seen in a while.

I want to start binging something else now but I keep getting disappointed after watching The Boys.

Reaction score
This show is amazing. I still have 2 episodes left and I'm already upset that I have to wait for more seasons. It's just brilliantly done. The Justice League parallels are great. All the real subtle jokes about the Deep are great. I almost wish they hadn't
irreparably tarnished his reputation in episode one

bigdaddysaints

BigDaddy Has Arrived
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All the real subtle jokes about the Deep are great. I almost wish they hadn't
irreparably tarnished his reputation in episode one
well, he did touch a dolphin wiener, so there's that...

OP
nolaspe

nolaspe

nolaspe
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This show is awesome! I'm about 6 episodes in and it's so cool.

What a great time to be a comic book fan?! A show like this would've never been made a decade ago. Preacher would've never been made a decade ago. Studios are now willing to take huge risks with controversial material and I love it.

I've been surprised by how well done these edgy comic adaptions have been. Hopefully they nail Watchmen and Sandman.

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This series was unexpectedly good. In fact, unexpected is a good way to put how it subverted expectations properly, and just kept surprising me. From beginning to end it kept me locked in and engaged, I loved the irreverence, and I mined new depths to my own dark humor, which was... unexpected.

More Erin Moriarty please...

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For those like me that are not into comic books or superhero shows/movies at all, this is still a great series. Watch it!

hockey2112

All-Pro
Reaction score
Has anyone here read the comics? I have not, but I want to... however I don't want it to spoil the show for me. If you have read them, would you recommend I hold off on reading until the show is finished?

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone here read the comics? I have not, but I want to... however I don't want it to spoil the show for me. If you have read them, would you recommend I hold off on reading until the show is finished?
I'm in the middle of the third omnibus volume

So far, I can definitely say that there is enough differences between the show and the comic to not ruin one or the other

for one thing, even tho I haven't finished the season yet, I don't think the tv version has Terror, Love Sausage, or The G-Men

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom