'The Boys' new Amazon series coming in July... (1 Viewer)

Has anyone here read the comics? I have not, but I want to... however I don't want it to spoil the show for me. If you have read them, would you recommend I hold off on reading until the show is finished?

I'm in the middle of the third omnibus volume

So far, I can definitely say that there is enough differences between the show and the comic to not ruin one or the other

for one thing, even tho I haven't finished the season yet, I don't think the tv version has Terror, Love Sausage, or The G-Men

Ughhh, was anyone else grossed out with that Sandusky chick shoving her hand into Deep's gills? She'd have gotten jacked up. Dude is a sub. lol
Yes. Grossed out. So very very grossed out
I had to rewind several times just to savor the feeling of grossness

So my girlfriend has cussed me out multiple times because she loves the show so much, but it was only eight episodes. :idunno:

Last edited:
So my girlfriend has cussed out multiple times because she loves the show so much, but it was only eight episodes. :idunno:
those 8 episodes are better than 99% of tv i have watched this year. yep, looking at you got (fork you d and d).

i'd include movies, but i am obsessed with midsommar. forking spectacular movie, but only a fraction of a fraction in front of the boys.

many of the euro shows are usually in the 6-10 range
i'm starting to prefer that to the netflix 13

Of course I would like more of a good thing, but not at the expense of quality.

I've been a champion of British telly on this board.

Black Mirror, Fleabag, Crashing, Catastrophe, etc.

American television is there too. Eight to ten episodes are becoming the norm.

This is the real "golden age of television".

I would argue that TV is much better than most movies these days. That would have been a crazy statement twenty years ago.

Television takes more chances than movies now.

Speaking of, I'm about to watch Preacher on AMC.

Of course I would like more of a good thing, but not at the expense of quality.

I've been a champion of British telly on this board.

Black Mirror, Fleabag, Crashing, Catastrophe, etc.

American television is there too. Eight to ten episodes are becoming the norm.

This is the real "golden age of television".

I would argue that TV is much better than most movies these days. That would have been a crazy statement twenty years ago.

Television takes more chances than movies now.

Speaking of, I'm about to watch Preacher on AMC.
Black Mirror is amazing, seriously underrated. Twilight Zone meets techie/social media. Great and imaginative stories.

How great is Homelander?! He made the show for me. Every scene he's in is awesome. There's so much more to that character than first meets the eye. He has the magnetism and gravity you'd expect from the leader of a superhero team.

Several characters have surprising depth. It's kind of odd to see such nuanced, layered characters in a superhero satire. The writing was very strong here.

Billy Butcher is about as memorable of a character as you'll ever see. He has some truly great lines.

And one last thing, how great is Elizabeth Shue? I've always liked her as a child of the 80s but her career has been up and down. So I was glad to see her make the most of such a juicy role. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom