The Breonna Taylor Murder (3 Viewers)

I don't know what's worse. Cops not having any cameras at all, or not having them turned on during the raid. Neither situation inspires confidence in them.

Their changing stories is just more fuel to the fire. Ridiculous that this crap still goes on.

Every officer at a minimum needs to be charged with manslaughter. I don't know the law well enough to see if executing a warrant precludes murder. Have the officers been put on administrative leave? This happened in March, readily admit I don't knnow the whole story.

A more recent article states that the warrant was not a "no knock" warrant.

"they had a "knock and announce" search warrant for Taylor's apartment, and were looking for a man who lived in a different part of Louisville who had already been apprehended by LMPD the previous day."

Also note that previous stories said that the suspect had been apprehended earlier that same day, and at the exact time of 12:40 am. Now the story is the previous day.

Also, this article states that neither Kenneth Walker nor Breonna Taylor were named in the warrant which contradicts other articles.

I heard charges against him were dropped.
Those charges were dropped. This is just CYA by the police. All of them should be automatically charged with manslaughter as a result of not having working cameras. Yet another illustration as to why people are protesting. It is way too easy for the police to kill someone illegally and cover it up. This has got to stop. There are more citizens than there are police. If this continues, there will come a time when the police will be overrun and with good reason. People want accountability. If the system won't hold police accountable, there will come a time when the community will forcibly hold them accountable by any means necessary.

Those charges were dropped. This is just CYA by the police. All of them should be automatically charged with manslaughter as a result of not having working cameras. Yet another illustration as to why people are protesting. It is way too easy for the police to kill someone illegally and cover it up. This has got to stop. There are more citizens than there are police. If this continues, there will come a time where the police will be overrun and with good reason. People want accountability. If the system won't hold police accountable, there will come a time where the community will forcibly hold them accountable by any means necessary.

As much as I want to agree with you, automatic charges for manslaughter because the camera doesn't work would never fly in the courts and is probably not Constitutional. They certainly can be fired/fined but not charged with a crime unless the evidence is substantial enough to warrant the charge.

That said, any actions cops take without their body cams turned on won't get the benefit of the doubt from me. I'm just gonna assume they did so with bad intentions. But the courts don't get to make that assumption.

I don't know what's worse. Cops not having any cameras at all, or not having them turned on during the raid. Neither situation inspires confidence in them.

Their changing stories is just more fuel to the fire. Ridiculous that this crap still goes on.
Cameras not working is an unlikely technical error. Cameras not even carried is a premeditated act.

The 911 transcript does not look positive for the cops...

automatic charges for manslaughter because the camera doesn't work would never fly in the courts and is probably not Constitutional.
No doubt that you are right about this. I had no notion of something like that ever being enacted. I guess my point is that there should be some serious consequences for police not having cameras going in a situation like this. I'm fully onboard if taxes need to be raised to cover the cost of body cameras for each and every cop that is not behind a desk. There should be no expectation from cops to ever have a non functional body camera during any interaction with the public. A body camera must be made standard issue for police just like a badge. In fact, the badges should have the camera embedded in it along with a QR code on their uniform so that any citizen could identify a cop, at least if I had my way, that's how I'd do it.

I was curious as to why charges have not been brought against these cops in lights of the letter written by the LMPD Chief. Some very strong words and phrases were used that do not really support the idea that these guys just made a mistake. At best they were negligent and reckless.

Seems like an easy decision for the Attorney General of Kentucky if you ask me. It's an even easier decision when I find out the AG is black. Then I find something interesting about who endorsed him for office. You kinda have to assume where his loyalties lie when he's remained silent for so long about this.

I was curious as to why charges have not been brought against these cops in lights of the letter written by the LMPD Chief. Some very strong words and phrases were used that do not really support the idea that these guys just made a mistake. At best they were negligent and reckless.

Seems like an easy decision for the Attorney General of Kentucky if you ask me. It's an even easier decision when I find out the AG is black. Then I find something interesting about who endorsed him for office. You kinda have to assume where his loyalties lie when he's remained silent for so long about this.

If I can remember, he worked for Mitch at one point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom