The Breonna Taylor Murder (1 Viewer)

If anyone is interested in the findings/ruling....

The challenge is the confidence in the investigation. It's why I believe there needs to be an independent civilian organization that investigates police use of force complaints. I don't think the AG or Department has the credibility to conduct this investigation themselves, especially after being caught red-handed offering her boyfriend a deal to claim she was involved in criminal activities.

Maybe everything they found was true, but half of the people aren't going to trust it coming from him or the department.

The challenge is the confidence in the investigation. It's why I believe there needs to be an independent civilian organization that investigates police use of force complaints. I don't think the AG or Department has the credibility to conduct this investigation themselves, especially after being caught red-handed offering her boyfriend a deal to claim she was involved in criminal activities.

Maybe everything they found was true, but half of the people aren't going to trust it coming from him or the department.

Yeah, this is definitely a case that needs outside scrutiny. I don't trust them either.

Yeah, this is definitely a case that needs outside scrutiny. I don't trust them either.

Just for clarity, the FBI did their own ballistics analysis and their conclusions were more detailed that the police department's, according to the Attorney General.

Just for clarity, the FBI did their own ballistics analysis and their conclusions were more detailed that the police department's.

Yeah, I thought they were involved on some level, but are they bringing a case or charging anyone?

Yeah, I thought they were involved on some level, but are they bringing a case or charging anyone?

It didn't sound like it. He made is sound like the FBI's results were used in the Grand Jury. In a nut shell, he said 2 officers acted correctly and only fired when fired upon. The third officer came in after a sprayed bullets "recklesslly" (my term), however, the FBI concluded that his bullets did not kill Breonna, and hence no murder charge only whatever other thing they charged him with.

However, even if these officers executed the warrant correctly, what about the evidence used to get the warrant? Was that proper?

However, even if these officers executed the warrant correctly, what about the evidence used to get the warrant? Was that proper?

The AG said their investigation did not look into that part, but the feds are. The AG mentioned the officers executing the warrant were not involved in obtaining the warrant, implying that these three officers would be at no fault IF there was any funny business in obtaining the warrant.

If we believe the authorities that the police officers knocked and identified themselves as police officers before breaking down the door then that means Walker's (the boyfriend) use of deadly force towards the police officers was unjustified. I believe under Kentucky law that means Walker is criminally responsible for Breonna Taylor's death.

Not sure how that applies if Walker legitimately did not hear them identify themselves as police officers.
By Walker's own testimony they did knock multiple times and gave enough time for both Breonna & Walker to put clothes on and get his gun. I think the only thing in question is whether they identified themselves or not. An independent witness said they did, but it's still possible they weren't heard.

Honestly, I'm still not sure what to think of this case. The police are claiming that it was a search & seizure warrant because they had cause to believe Breonna's ex-boyfriend had used her apartment for a pick-up/drop-off point for drugs. Obviously they weren't apart for long because, again in the link above, both Breonna & Walker feared it was her ex. I think that, rather than the officers involved in serving the warrant, we should be looking at who issued and approved the warrant & what cause they gave for it because that's what set this whole situation in motion. Ultimately those people are the one's who should be held responsible for Breonna's death if the warrant wasn't justified.

Last edited:
By Walker's own testimony they did knock multiple times and gave enough time for both Breonna & Walker to put clothes on and get his gun. I think the only thing in question is whether they identified themselves or not. An independent witness said they did, but it's still possible they weren't heard.

Honestly, I'm still not sure what to think of this case. The police are claiming that it was a search & seizure warrant because they had cause to believe Breonna's ex-boyfriend was believed to have used her apartment for a pick-up/drop-off point for drugs. Obviously they weren't apart for long because, again in the link above, both Breonna & Walker feared it was her ex. I think that, rather than the officers involved in serving the warrant, we should be looking at who issued and approved the warrant & what cause they gave for it because that's what set this whole situation in motion. Ultimately those people are the one's who should be held responsible for Breonna's death if the warrant wasn't justified.

Yea 2 things stand out to me about this case:

1) I think there is plenty enough evidence that the officers knocked first, but not enough evidence that they announced themselves properly. Even after Breonna was shot, Walker called 911 to report that SOMEONE busted down their door and started shooting. He did not appear to know even then it was cops.

2) What was the evidence that her apartment was used to run drugs and there has got to be a better way to find out if an apartment is used for a pick-up/drop-off point than to bust down the door in the middle of the night.

What I heard from the AG yesterday was they asked the FBI to conduct an investigation to find out who shot the fatal bullet since the local results were inconclusive. The FBI determined the fatal bullet was shot by Cosgrove.

Yea 2 things stand out to me about this case:

1) I think there is plenty enough evidence that the officers knocked first, but not enough evidence that they announced themselves properly. Even after Breonna was shot, Walker called 911 to report that SOMEONE busted down their door and started shooting. He did not appear to know even then it was cops.

2) What was the evidence that her apartment was used to run drugs and there has got to be a better way to find out if an apartment is used for a pick-up/drop-off point than to bust down the door in the middle of the night.
Something that's both interesting & sad about this case is that, had this actually been executed as a no-knock warrant, Breonna is probably still alive today because Walker probably would have never had time to get his gun.

Something that's both interesting & sad about this case is that, had this actually been executed as a no-knock warrant, Breonna is probably still alive today because Walker probably would have never had time to get his gun.

I hadn't thought of that. Interesting take.

Or perhaps both of them would be dead?

I don't trust the police or the judiciary system as a whole anymore, really.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom