The BS NFL Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

BWS

Reaction score
Here is my mock draft, which assumes that the Saints aren't able to trade up to land Dorsey or Ellis:

1. Saints trade pick 10 to the Eagles for Lito Sheppard, CB, and pick 19.
Saints trade pick 19 to the Giants for Jeremy Shockey, TE, and pick 31.
Saints select Trevor Laws, DT, at pick 31.
2. 2nd round, Matt Forte, RB.
3. 3rd round, Tavares Gooden, OLB.
4. 4th round, part of Vilma trade.
5. 5th round, Kory Lichtensteiger, C/G.
6. 6th round, Antwaun Molden, CB.
7. Matt Flynn, QB.

Antwaun Molden will be gone by the end of the 2nd round....i'll bet ya a dollar..

Antwaun Molden

Antwaun Molden will be gone by the end of the 2nd round....i'll bet ya a dollar..

Antwaun Molden may have moved up, but he is listed by the Pro Football Weekly Draft Preview as the 23rd best CB and a 6th rounder.

Antwaun Molden may have moved up, but he is listed by the Pro Football Weekly Draft Preview as the 23rd best CB and a 6th rounder.

so you wanna bet a dollar? hehe

would be a great draft if we landed him in the 6th though

I just find it hard to believe that the Giants would be willing to give us Jeremy Shockey just to move from pick #31 to #19.

They don't gain any additional picks, and would be trading a Pro bowler to move up 12 spots...

Round 6

so you wanna bet a dollar? hehe

would be a great draft if we landed him in the 6th though

If it isn't him, there should be another DB available in round 6.

I just find it hard to believe that the Giants would be willing to give us Jeremy Shockey just to move from pick #31 to #19.

They don't gain any additional picks, and would be trading a Pro bowler to move up 12 spots...

Well then why would the Eagles trade a pro bowler to move up 9 spots?

Wow that would be awesome to get Lito, Shockey, AND still have the 31st overall pick for our #10 pick.

Considering the probability of the #10 overall pick being a pro bowler isn't much better (if any) than the probability of the #31 overall pick becoming a pro bowler, I'd happily take TWO pro bowlers at need positions to make that round-about swap.

Jeremy Shockey's value > Lito Sheppard's value

Both pro bowlers, both coming off injury, but Sheppard has a greater injury history.

And also, moving up to #10 > moving up to #19.

Not to threadjack, but if Molden is available in the 4th and we don't grab him, I'm gonna hurl.

Because they want Ryan Clady or one of the other premier Tackles that will be picked before #19. I see Long, Clady, Otah, and Williams going before 19 and that is not even including Albert who I also see going before #19.

As for why Giants would want to trade from #31 up to #19, they want a DE to replace Strahan in the rotation. Someone like Phillip Merling or Derrick Harvey will still be sitting there at #19. At 31, Merling, Harvey, Campbell, and Groves will all be gone. Cliff Avril is more of a 3-4 OLB and Lawrence Jackson is to inconsistent and slow to be a 1st rounder.

It all depends on how much they value a player and how much drop off in talent they feel there is before their pick gets around. Personally, I do not want Shockey or Sheppard. I don't care they both have been players in this league and have "proven" they can do it. They are both coming off major injuries and there is a reason their teams are looking to DUMP them.

I can't see this happening since I don't see the Giants just moving up for Shockey, but if this scenario were to happen, I would be very pleased!

The only thing I don't like is the OLB being picked in the 3rd instead of the 2nd. I would swap and take whichever LB is highest at 40 and take a RB in the 3rd instead. (or another DT)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom