The Buccaneers Young Secondary (1 Viewer)

I just rewatched a couple of the Bucs games and they can definitely be had. They are constantly out of position and I think Brees football iq can and will take advantage of those pups.
Yep and their D-line is depleted with the Loss of Vea. He might have been thier best line player

Just looked at Tampas numbers since beating GREENBAY in October, their pass defense has been pretty bad. They have only 3 good games in that area against the Likes of Carolina, Detroits Back up QBs for most of game, and Minny.

Against K.C, L.A.R and ATL, Tampa's pass D was putrid.

believe if i have it right, payton is 6-1 vs arians teams. including 4-0 since hes been a buc. i'm confident. minus a pass interference no call on the goal line or something like that.

The only reason they had success in week one, because they pulled a busch league move of switching all the player numbers and made film study impossible. So, we couldn't key on dudes. They quickly went back to their old ways with more film.

That didn't work the second time. It won't work a 3rd time either.

i was only half watching the WFT and Bucs game.....but there seemed to be a lot of open receivers and looking at stats, Heinicke passed for over 300 yards on them...
....I didn't watch close enough, but it looked like the Bucs were playing a decent amount of zone and there seemed to be a lot of soft spots (someone with more knowledge/payed more attention to the game feel free to correct me)....

my overall takeway was that we should have some success against their secondary....

The only reason they had success in week one, because they pulled a busch league move of switching all the player numbers and made film study impossible. So, we couldn't key on dudes. They quickly went back to their old ways with more film.
Really?

i was only half watching the WFT and Bucs game.....but there seemed to be a lot of open receivers and looking at stats, Heinicke passed for over 300 yards on them...
....I didn't watch close enough, but it looked like the Bucs were playing a decent amount of zone and there seemed to be a lot of soft spots (someone with more knowledge/payed more attention to the game feel free to correct me)....

my overall takeway was that we should have some success against their secondary....
I saw a lot of Bucs fans on Twitter cursing Arians and Bowles for playing so much zone. Apparently their fans see that as their weakness. Then Arians made a comment that the Bears "did a good job of containing the Saints outside of one drive where they played nothing but zone" so we might not be facing too much zone against them. The problem is, if you man up on the Saints one-on-one across the board, I trust SOMEONE to be able to get open.

Yep, every player in secondary had different numbers.

Ha! That’s kinda crazy. I never knew that.

Not sure if that had any impact on week one. But I’ll go along with that line of thinking for the week. :LOL:

I saw a lot of Bucs fans on Twitter cursing Arians and Bowles for playing so much zone. Apparently their fans see that as their weakness. Then Arians made a comment that the Bears "did a good job of containing the Saints outside of one drive where they played nothing but zone" so we might not be facing too much zone against them. The problem is, if you man up on the Saints one-on-one across the board, I trust SOMEONE to be able to get open.

This, completely.

We are going to see almost exclusively man. I would bet my mortgage on it.

MT is going to have to beat Davis. We are going to have to run a ton of crossers, and maybe a deep shot or two if we get 1-on-1.

Last edited:
This, completely.

We are going to see almost exclusively man. I would be my mortgage on it.

MT is going to have to beat Davis. We are going to have to run a ton of crossers, and maybe a deep shot or two if we get 1-on-1.

stacked WR sets and a LOT of TEs.

and look for those dump offs and screens. Especially if line up 4 wide w/ 4 verticals.

stacked WR sets and a LOT of TEs.

and look for those dump offs and screens. Especially if line up 4 wide w/ 4 verticals.

Yeah, TB seemed locked in on those screens the first time around. Curious if we dress it up differently this time.

Plus, assuming Taysom is healthy, I’m expecting a ton of QB power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom