guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t get it
He used to be kinda smart, kinda snarky
Now with this ‘Platinum’ ad campaign, they have him as kind of a doofus

The only way to ‘read’ the campaign is that Platinum makes you dumb

They’ve dork-ified the Bud Knight, too. I’m not sure what AB’s ad people are going for here.

This is what bugs me the most. Before this season's commercials, the Bud Knight was a legendary figure capable of clearing a battlefield on his own. Now he's a total dork who is shamed by Bud Knight Platinum.

I never saw him as particularly clever or snarky. Just someone with a lot of power who has little tolerance for craft beer.

I don’t get it
He used to be kinda smart, kinda snarky
Now with this ‘Platinum’ ad campaign, they have him as kind of a doofus

The only way to ‘read’ the campaign is that Platinum makes you dumb

Isn't the change in behavior representative of the difference in alcohol content? Bud Light 4.2% while Platinum is 6%.

They’ve dork-ified the Bud Knight, too. I’m not sure what AB’s ad people are going for here.

Multi-million dollar ad/pr department & they produce garbage commercials like that???!!! I just don’t get it.

My fav commercial of all time is the Dalmatian prepping the Clydesdale to lead the wagon in the parade. They should have stayed with those gorgeous Clydesdales. ?

I'm fascinated by domestic beer ads. None of these big labels are going to mess with the actual taste (such as it is) of the beer so it's really just a neverending cycle of branding games.

Mountains that turn blue on the can, vortex bottle shapes, mulityear themed ad campaigns... and the product is exactly the same it was in 1990.

Multi-million dollar ad/pr department & they produce garbage commercials like that???!!! I just don’t get it.

My fav commercial of all time is the Dalmatian prepping the Clydesdale to lead the wagon in the parade. They should have stayed with those gorgeous Clydesdales. ?

Go back farther to the Bud-weis-er frogs and the iguanas and than the wassup campaign until that was run into the ground. This commercial that spun off the wassup campaign still makes me laugh

I'm fascinated by domestic beer ads. None of these big labels are going to mess with the actual taste (such as it is) of the beer so it's really just a neverending cycle of branding games.

Mountains that turn blue on the can, vortex bottle shapes, mulityear themed ad campaigns... and the product is exactly the same it was in 1990.
Wait, are you telling me "Bud Light Platinum" isn't really brewed for the night?

9LGt29r5euG5v1oydJCFDw9BL1Y=.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom