The Callisto Protocol (1 Viewer)

I like it too. I am breaking off of God of War Ragnorok just because this is such a short game. Glad I didn't pay for it but awesome environment .
Just finished GOW and jumped into this. I paid full price for the game but don’t regret it. Love the graphics and environment as well.

It's no worse than charging 70.00 for a re done Last of Us part I which is just a ridiculous ask. I got it through gamefly and it was nice but nowhere near 70.00 dollars worth.
I can’t do the remakes. Last Of Us is one of my all time faves but still no interest to play it again. Can’t play any single player game more than once, odd I know.

I can’t do the remakes. Last Of Us is one of my all time faves but still no interest to play it again. Can’t play any single player game more than once, odd I know.
I agree it's getting harder to play all of the remakes. I will admitt I played Cyberpunk 2077 2 times and started a third run. The first was in it's original horrible state and the second was to get a different ending. The third was because I just ran out of games until my first gamestop game got to my house. I have played the Witcher 3 twice and will probably play it a third just because of the next gen upgrade but that won't for awhile. It's not weird at all. For me it was more financial so I used to recycle games.

Just finished GOW and jumped into this. I paid full price for the game but don’t regret it. Love the graphics and environment as well.
It's worth it if you have the money and like to build your library up. I have a strange hangup about the price of games but yeah when I had money I would go and 3 or 4 at a time. It's a great game.

The problem can be where games get hyped early in the development cycle and the hype puts the reality of what it is on two different planes. Heck they sell 500.00 video cards off of game hype 😂. I am impressed with the combat I think it works perfectly for the game and the dodge and blocking works well for me.

It's worth it if you have the money and like to build your library up. I have a strange hangup about the price of games but yeah when I had money I would go and 3 or 4 at a time. It's a great game.

The problem can be where games get hyped early in the development cycle and the hype puts the reality of what it is on two different planes. Heck they sell 500.00 video cards off of game hype 😂. I am impressed with the combat I think it works perfectly for the game and the dodge and blocking works well for me.
I buy all digital on both platforms (X and 5) and half the time I fire up the 5 it tells me I don’t own the rights to my games….have to restart each time. Thankfully that has always fixed it, so far.

The Xbox doesn’t do that to me…..

About Callisto combat….
I’ve got to get better with the dodging, my poor vision makes it hard for me to time.

Last edited:
I agree it's getting harder to play all of the remakes. I will admitt I played Cyberpunk 2077 2 times and started a third run. The first was in it's original horrible state and the second was to get a different ending. The third was because I just ran out of games until my first gamestop game got to my house. I have played the Witcher 3 twice and will probably play it a third just because of the next gen upgrade but that won't for awhile. It's not weird at all. For me it was more financial so I used to recycle games.
Totally understand that. Cannot wait for Witcher 4.
I love Cyberpunk but my eyes just aren’t good enough to play it well.

Totally understand that. Cannot wait for Witcher 4.
I love Cyberpunk but my eyes just aren’t good enough to play it well.
Witcher 4 is going to be awesome especially with a new engine. I think they are using the Unreal 5?

Does Cyberpunk use too many reflections and bright colors that make it difficult? It does get insane during the night scenes and some of those indoor club scenes.

I buy all digital on both platforms (X and 5) and half the time I fire up the 5 it tells me I don’t own the rights to my games….have to restart each time. Thankfully that has always fixed it, so far.

The Xbox doesn’t do that to me…..

About Callisto combat….
I’ve got to get better with the dodging, my poor vision makes it hard for me to time.
I have had a strange message with the ps5 saying I don't have the rights or permissions or something to play the game. I forget what game but I just restarted it and it fixed it but I was like WTH 😂

Yes the dodging takes a bit of time to get used to and it's that timing and feel so picking up that first indication of what direction to dodge in can be different. I bet it could be a issue being that you can get smacked down with one shot or lose your head 🤯

On a side note...

How did you finish Elden Ring ? Does that combat differ in a way that makes it easier on your eyes? I want to play that game real bad but I tried Demon Souls and I hate dying and starting over and getting frustrated with doing boss fights over and over.

I have had a strange message with the ps5 saying I don't have the rights or permissions or something to play the game. I forget what game but I just restarted it and it fixed it but I was like WTH 😂

Yes the dodging takes a bit of time to get used to and it's that timing and feel so picking up that first indication of what direction to dodge in can be different. I bet it could be a issue being that you can get smacked down with one shot or lose your head 🤯

On a side note...

How did you finish Elden Ring ? Does that combat differ in a way that makes it easier on your eyes? I want to play that game real bad but I tried Demon Souls and I hate dying and starting over and getting frustrated with doing boss fights over and over.
I hate the dying too. My key was to over level a little bit to where i thought it was challenging but not miserable. Demon Souls was the first souls game i finished (i'd tried dark souls 2 and 3 and stopped about an hour or two in). Elden Ring is fantastic. I didn't finish it, but that was more because i had a crazy 2 month stretch at work where i put it down and i just couldn't pick it back up. I think i was moderately close to finishing it though.

I hate the dying too. My key was to over level a little bit to where i thought it was challenging but not miserable. Demon Souls was the first souls game i finished (i'd tried dark souls 2 and 3 and stopped about an hour or two in). Elden Ring is fantastic. I didn't finish it, but that was more because i had a crazy 2 month stretch at work where i put it down and i just couldn't pick it back up. I think i was moderately close to finishing it though.
I think I may just try the game and level it up and then go for it. I love the weird monsters and the whole twisted fantasy setting. Thanks for the tip,I think I will put it on my gamefly queue.

It's no worse than charging 70.00 for a re done Last of Us part I which is just a ridiculous ask. I got it through gamefly and it was nice but nowhere near 70.00 dollars worth.

did TLOU really need a remake for ps5? probably not, but it's without question, the best version of the game you can play

i have played the game several times through so i didn't mind buying the remaster

Last edited:

On a side note...

Combat is a lot easier, less clunky on ER. Also had a helper on Elden Ring, my best friend navigates a lot for me on games. I also ‘cheated’ and exploited the quick level up to become very powerful lol. Elden Ring is a gem.

Combat is a lot easier, less clunky on ER. Also had a helper on Elden Ring, my best friend navigates a lot for me on games. I also ‘cheated’ and exploited the quick level up to become very powerful lol. Elden Ring is a gem.
Awesome...I will hit you up for the quick level info when I play it. I do it alot when I play long games it's usually getting armor and or weapons early and depending on the gameplay "overlevel" you could say and then jump into the game. I need to finish Calisto and GOW . I will get ELden Ring for the Xbox X it will be a good break in game for it.

Awesome...I will hit you up for the quick level info when I play it. I do it alot when I play long games it's usually getting armor and or weapons early and depending on the gameplay "overlevel" you could say and then jump into the game. I need to finish Calisto and GOW . I will get ELden Ring for the Xbox X it will be a good break in game for it.
Yes sir let me know when you’re ready and I’ll tell you where to go. Doubt it’s been patched as they never bothered to for months. It’s crazy amount of EXP in about 5 seconds, over and over. I’d grind that for hours lol.

Also check out the Elden Ring thread here for a bunch of great info.

I’m ready for the dlc for that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom