The Carroll Academy Lady Jags have lost 213 straight high school basketball games, but... (1 Viewer)

Summed7

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Next time you feel bummed at another athlete going off the cuff and doing something stupid, remember that, most of the time, sports effect the youth of the world in an incredibly positive way.
SC Featured: Losing To Win - ESPN Video - ESPN

except, of course...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 8
Sounds like what a bad coach would say.

Winning a game or two might do wonders for their self confidence and their will to improve their lot in life.

Sounds like what a bad coach would say.

Winning a game or two might do wonders for their self confidence and their will to improve their lot in life.

In my personal experience, I learned a lot more about who I am, how to hold myself up, and how to treat others with dignity from losing than I ever did from winning.

Conundrum. Because if they win, then that proves they can't even lose properly. I say keep the streak alive.

Bad coach?

The man should be commended for what he's doing. He's giving them hope and trying his hardest to help them, and he's making a difference.

In my personal experience, I learned a lot more about who I am, how to hold myself up, and how to treat others with dignity from losing than I ever did from winning.
Did you learn how to win gracefully? That's part of the learning experience too.

Bad coach?

The man should be commended for what he's doing. He's giving them hope and trying his hardest to help them.
Yes. Bad coach. Life isn't always about learning to cope with loss. It's also about the realization that if you work hard and learn from those who try to teach you new skills, positive things can happen. Not that they do, but that they can happen.

That's not the message he's sending these girls. It seems to me the message he's sending is: You're losers. Get used to it.

Did you learn how to win gracefully? That's part of the learning experience too.

Yes. Bad coach. Life isn't always about learning to cope with loss. It's also about the realization that if you work hard and learn from those who try to teach you new skills, positive things can happen. Not that they do, but that they can happen.

That's not the message he's sending these girls. It seems to me the message he's sending is: You're losers. Get used to it.

Sure did learn how to win gracefully, but then again I didn't come from a broken home and didn't get court ordered to go to a school that was one step away from getting sent to juvi. the thing about sports isn't that it teaches us one specific thing, it's that it teaches us. I can't speak for those girls, never been in their shoes, but to see them handle getting beat that badly over and over again and get back up and continue playing is a true inspiration to me. That coach isn't teaching them that their losers. He's teaching them that they will lose. And its how you respond to those losses that shows the true measure of your character. I'm really trying to respond in a positive way to what your saying, but it's such a negative outlook on such a positive story that I really can't even begin to see where your coming from. Did you not hear him say that he believed that they could win?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom