The case for and against Blake Bortles (1 Viewer)

So we're back to the Billy Joe, Kerry Collins days....great 😞
I don't think we're there yet, meily. maybe Jim Everett days? better than average, but not elite. his offenses put up points at a slightly faster rate than the defense surrendered them. we've been spoiled by our "elite" status for the past 16 years. comparatively speaking, the Everett days weren't so bad.

Bortles is a medium-quality backup; nobody is winning playoff games with him.

The Rams signed Bortles as a backup, not to compete for the starting spot.
Correct.

Do you know why he was signed as a backup and not to compete for the starting spot? It's because Jared Goff is a much better QB. It's because Blake Bottles is not very good as a QB. Eight years has gone by and no one is willing to let him hold anything but a clipboard in a league where coaches are fired for failing to win, which requires paying the best players.

This is like arguing whether or not the sun is hot. The only people on this planet who feel that Bortles might be a good QB has posted on this thread, and this world includes Blake Bortles as well as his mother.

Correct.

Do you know why he was signed as a backup and not to compete for the starting spot? It's because Jared Goff is a much better QB. It's because Blake Bottles is not very good as a QB. Eight years has gone by and no one is willing to let him hold anything but a clipboard in a league where coaches are fired for failing to win, which requires paying the best players.

This is like arguing whether or not the sun is hot. The only people on this planet who feel that Bortles might be a good QB has posted on this thread, and this world includes Blake Bortles as well as his mother.

I know I didn't kick your dog, so it must have been Bortles who did.

I am not saying Bortles is good or bad, or if he's better than anyone, or if he should be starting over anyone. I am simply saying, for 5 years he was stuck in a bad team with bad ownership, a bad F.O., and 2 different coaching staffs which are no longer in the NFL. Of all fan bases, we should know better than to dismiss someone in that situation.

But you seem to have a kicked-dog opinion of Bortles. You are entitled to it.

Just for fun sake.....

Blake Bortles 5 years in Jax vs Drew Brees 5 years in SD.

Brees - 59 games......80/53 (TD-INT) .....210 YPG....63 Comp%
Bortles- 75 games.....103/73 (TD/INT)....240 YPG.....60 Comp %

Brees was 27 when we acquired him, Bortles 29.

How is Winston not a legitimate number 1 QB? Some posters think we will not even be able to afford him, you don't even think he should start??

Winston and Bortles were both first round draft picks that have shown flashes in their past. But neither are qbs you want starting for your team if you expect to make serious super bowl run, which is the goal at the start of every season. I think either one should be signed as a backup in case our starter gets injured. Neither one will get an opportunity to start elsewhere.

Winston and Bortles were both first round draft picks that have shown flashes in their past. But neither are qbs you want starting for your team if you expect to make serious super bowl run, which is the goal at the start of every season. I think either one should be signed as a backup in case our starter gets injured. Neither one will get an opportunity to start elsewhere.

Just for fun sake.....

Blake Bortles 5 years in Jax vs Drew Brees 5 years in SD.

Brees - 59 games......80/53 (TD-INT) .....210 YPG....63 Comp%
Bortles- 75 games.....103/73 (TD/INT)....240 YPG.....60 Comp %

Brees was 27 when we acquired him, Bortles 29.
Now all we have to do is pretend that these seasons were played in the same era to really believe we have something.

Correct.

Well got damn, tell us how you really feel MLU 😂

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

:freak7:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom