The CFL Tiger-Cats have been good to us, we need to bring another one... Jeff Reinebold (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And that is Special Teams Coach Jeff Reinebold;

Ticats extend Special Teams Coordinator Jeff Reinebold - CFL.ca

"Hamilton scored a league-high six touchdowns on special teams last season, including four punt return majors by Banks, and two additional touchdowns on a blocked punt and an onside punt recovery. Overall, the Tiger-Cats had six blocked kicks, while the rest of the league combined for just 12 in total. Banks also returned a missed single-point convert attempt for the first missed convert return score in the history of the CFL, and had two additional kick return touchdowns negated by penalties."

His special teams are spectacular. He is also a good linebackers coach.

I know that we won't make changes this year. That is the way it goes. But that doesn't mean we should not keep our eyes open. This guy can bring different energy to our team.

Consider me on board with this hiring. Special Teams is Special Teams correct? With the emergence of Lutz, is Reinebold good at developing talent?

Who are your players that we need to watch out for? You are usually good for 4-5 guys we need to keep an eye on.

As a Canadian....

I'm not sure how he is as a special teams coach, but Jeff Reinebold single-handedly set the Winnipeg Blue Bombers franchise back 3 to 4 years when we was the Coach/GM. Perhaps he has settled into a role as a great special teams coach. I just remember him being known as a buffoon and a clown.

Consider me on board with this hiring. Special Teams is Special Teams correct? With the emergence of Lutz, is Reinebold good at developing talent?

Who are your players that we need to watch out for? You are usually good for 4-5 guys we need to keep an eye on.

This has been a weird year so far regarding CFL football, the best defensive players are over 30 year old veterans. I haven't seen a player that really caught my eye.

On offence, the most dominant players have been receivers. Chris Williams of Ottawa started the season brilliantly, he has tons of speed and runs crips routes, but he is small and I am not sure he would have the same impact. Maybe the most dominant receiver when you see him is Duron Carter, but man, he has had a terrible year outside of the field. He was suspended for a dumb confrontation with Ottawa's head coach and almost got into blows with his young quarterback. To handle with care. Maybe the complete guy to look is receiver Derel Walker of Edmonton.

Other position I normally look at is kicker and this has been a terrible year for them. The guy who looked like the best prospect last year, rookie Boris Bede, totally lost confidence and now he is on "injure reserve".

Maybe too early to tell, I'll keep my eyes open, but I am not impressed so far this year.

I'm not sure how he is as a special teams coach, but Jeff Reinebold single-handedly set the Winnipeg Blue Bombers franchise back 3 to 4 years when we was the Coach/GM. Perhaps he has settled into a role as a great special teams coach. I just remember him being known as a buffoon and a clown.

There is no doubt that Hamilton has the best special teams unit in the league. One reason is Stevie Banks, who is a threat every time he gets the ball. But the unit has been very good on coverage and had reliable kickers.

Reinebold has a big part on the development of Mike Harris and CFL star Simoni Lawrence, I think he can get the job done.

This has been a weird year so far regarding CFL football, the best defensive players are over 30 year old veterans. I haven't seen a player that really caught my eye.

On offence, the most dominant players have been receivers. Chris Williams of Ottawa started the season brilliantly, he has tons of speed and runs crips routes, but he is small and I am not sure he would have the same impact. Maybe the most dominant receiver when you see him is Duron Carter, but man, he has had a terrible year outside of the field. He was suspended for a dumb confrontation with Ottawa's head coach and almost got into blows with his young quarterback. To handle with care. Maybe the complete guy to look is receiver Derel Walker of Edmonton.

Other position I normally look at is kicker and this has been a terrible year for them. The guy who looked like the best prospect last year, rookie Boris Bede, totally lost confidence and now he is on "injure reserve".

Maybe too early to tell, I'll keep my eyes open, but I am not impressed so far this year.

Looking to answer my own question I went to the CFL board to see who was leading in stats on the defensive side, and you are right, if they are leading in stats they are probably too old, or too small. I had no idea Pat Watkins was still playing.

Yeah, Carter came down for the Colts but didn't do anything, so I am not sure if his NFL chance has passed him by.

His last name isn't McMahon? Bring him in.

Anybody but Mcmahon. He is called special teams coach for a reason. They're special.

We were in absolute control of the game until that punt return fiasco. We had the lead. We'd forced them to punt.

And once that happened, the entire life force of the team was sucked out.

Chris Williams of Ottawa started the season brilliantly, he has tons of speed and runs <B>crips</B> routes, but he is small and I am not sure he would have the same impact.

Dude, if he is running gangsta routes, maybe that is just what we need. His size won't matter if he has all the connections to have opposing DB's taken out!

:hihi:

I applaud you thinking outside the box, but at this point if you think Sean Payton is going to do a single meaningful thing within his coaching staff I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

There is no doubt that Hamilton has the best special teams unit in the league. One reason is Stevie Banks, who is a threat every time he gets the ball. But the unit has been very good on coverage and had reliable kickers.

Reinebold has a big part on the development of Mike Harris and CFL star Simoni Lawrence, I think he can get the job done.

I know nothing about Stevie Banks, but maybe we need to bring him in too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom