The CFL Tiger-Cats have been good to us, we need to bring another one... Jeff Reinebold (1 Viewer)

I just saw someone bumped this thread. The ti-Cats have been eliminated. I don't know the contractual situation, but certainly a move to the NFL will look as a promotion.

Coach Reinebold may be the best special teams available right now.

I just saw someone bumped this thread. The ti-Cats have been eliminated. I don't know the contractual situation, but certainly a move to the NFL will look as a promotion.

Coach Reinebold may be the best special teams available right now.

Cut him a ticket and get him in here. Be sure to get it OK's by Breaux. :hihi:

We were in absolute control of the game until that punt return fiasco. We had the lead. We'd forced them to punt.

And once that happened, the entire life force of the team was sucked out.

But,,, that's another issue unrelated to ST.

A winning team won't dwell on things like that. No matter what a bad situation their teammates put them in, they can't let the air go out.

If the offense fumbles, the Defensive leaders should say "OK, let's go! We have GOT to pick up Thomas, or Ingram, or Lutz, or Brees. Do it! "

Cut him a ticket and get him in here. Be sure to get it OK's by Breaux. :hihi:

He was also Mike Harris' coach, as he is in charge of the linebacker units.

Some may be worried about the transition, I understand that. The good thing is that he also has experience on NFL systems since he coached at NFL Europe.

Believe, his success is not only because of a great returner. His units are good blocking punts and kicks, a subject we really need to learn about.

I've spent some time with Coach Reinebold, he's very knowledgeable and has that energy that the great coaches must have, to get the best out of their players.

You can see his coaching career and the many positions he has coached here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Reinebold

That he hasn't coached at all in the NFL may suggest that he doesn't have the calibre and/or experience to make an impact at that level, but I have a lot of respect for him.

Are there any rule differences between the CFL and NFL that could be problematic?

I see there are some that may weigh on his consideration:

• Field is wider
  • Extra Man on the field
  • No fair catch rule in CFL; instead, no player except the kicker or a player behind the kicker can approach within 5 yards of the ball until the receiving team touches the ball.
  • Rogue scoring rules and open kicking

Are there any rule differences between the CFL and NFL that could be problematic?

Maybe the no yards rule players that receive punts are allowed a 5 yrd bubble anyone in that bubble other than a returner gets a penalty

Are you kidding me! The guy has coached college football in the US, as well as NFL rules in Europe. He's coached multiple different positions on O and D. Do you really think a few rule differences prevent good coaches from coaching? Of course not

And that is Special Teams Coach Jeff Reinebold;

Ticats extend Special Teams Coordinator Jeff Reinebold - CFL.ca

"Hamilton scored a league-high six touchdowns on special teams last season, including four punt return majors by Banks, and two additional touchdowns on a blocked punt and an onside punt recovery. Overall, the Tiger-Cats had six blocked kicks, while the rest of the league combined for just 12 in total. Banks also returned a missed single-point convert attempt for the first missed convert return score in the history of the CFL, and had two additional kick return touchdowns negated by penalties."

His special teams are spectacular. He is also a good linebackers coach.

I know that we won't make changes this year. That is the way it goes. But that doesn't mean we should not keep our eyes open. This guy can bring different energy to our team.

Jeff Reinebold... hmmm.

He is an interessting character.. very energetic
Used to be my coach during his coaching time in Hamburg Germany.

Won't forget how he showed our Defense before the season opener a VHS Video full of scenes where Lions, Alligators, Panthers and other hunting animals were chasing and killing their prey.... and that was before Youtube became even popular.

I wonder if he could make the transition from the cfl to an nfl coach?

Are you kidding me! The guy has coached college football in the US, as well as NFL rules in Europe. He's coached multiple different positions on O and D. Do you really think a few rule differences prevent good coaches from coaching? Of course not
Just being thorough in the approach is all.

Jeff Reinebold... hmmm.

He is an interessting character.. very energetic
Used to be my coach during his coaching time in Hamburg Germany.

Won't forget how he showed our Defense before the season opener a VHS Video full of scenes where Lions, Alligators, Panthers and other hunting animals were chasing and killing their prey.... and that was before Youtube became even popular.

Good grief, sounds like Gregg Williams. :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom