The change after halftime (1 Viewer)

schrowa

Bond. James Bond
Reaction score
I am curious what adjustments were made at halftime to totally mute the Dolphins defense. The o-line wasn't letting drew see the light of day most of the first half and out running game couldn't find holes either. What differences did you all notice because it can't just be attitude.

I think it was just as simple as we started running the ball. You can't just pin your ears back and go after the QB when you have to deal with the run.

I'm sure there were adjustments... but it also sounds like the Phins D wore themselves out in the 1st half.

I think it was just as simple as we started running the ball. You can't just pin your ears back and go after the QB when you have to deal with the run.

Yep....Pretty much what happened. It allowed Drew to set up the playaction passing game. He even said that eventhough we were down by 14 points at halftime, we felt that we were in the game. We just needed to get back to basics. Coach Payton admitted later that they had the wrong gameplan in the first half of just throwing the ball. We play right into the Dolphins gameplan in the first half. Great adjustment by everyone involved!

I'm sure there were adjustments... but it also sounds like the Phins D wore themselves out in the 1st half.

It's like watching a Heavyweight boxer come out and just throw haymakers, connect on a few, but punch himself out because the other boxer has an iron chin!!!

1. Hargrove vastly outplayed Sed Ellis once he got in the game

2. Finally finally wrapped his head around the Wildcat

3. Mike Bell broke that long run that got Miami's defense going backward

4. Carl Nicks pulled out and helped Bushrod on Porter/Taylor after a while. Bell also did a much better job picking up blitzes than Thomas.

5. Drew finally got some time and stopped over/underthrowing his receivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom